Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you need a birth cert for christenings

Options
  • 16-10-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Due to a legal issue I won't have birth cert or child registered prior to baptism date
    Does anyone know if this is an issue for rc Christenings?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

we were never asked for one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was never asked to produce a Birth Cert either. The best thing to do is ask the Parish Priest where the Christening is to take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Jem123

I was asked for one. It had to posted to the the parish office and it was returned the day of the christening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I had to bring mine in to be photocopied... I think it depends on the parish. I'm sure (well hopefully) if you have a chat with the priest they'll be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

We were asked for a birth cert, I gave them a spare copy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I was asked for a copy of the birth cert on all three of my children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

we were asked for our twins, it's to make sure the same name and spelling will be used on both certs. we were thinking of changing one of the twins names after it being reg with the births and were told one of the easiest ways of changing was if it was spelled differently on the baptism cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

I never got asked for one. I don't know of any family either who needed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Zombot

We weren't asked for one either, just had to fill in a short form and hand that in on the day of the christening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I wasn't asked for one, we just had to fill in a form beforehand.

EDIT: Baby was baptised in Ireland by the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement