Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank & increased TRS, anytime soon ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Just an update, rang Ub today, they confirmed receipt of my letter as today (sent on Friday, from south dub). Was advised that it could take up to 14 working days for the transfer to occur. So no guarantee that it will be this side of Christmas.

So bit peed off at that... also no sign of the official UB letter yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't called them. Will wait on the letter. But is it possible to view mortgage account online if you don't have a current account with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't called them. Will wait on the letter. But is it possible to view mortgage account online if you don't have a current account with them?

I don't believe it is. I think you need either a current account or a credit card then you can see the mortgage.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

No letter yet. Going to ring again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

Just an update we sent in a letter wk n a half ago requesting a refund to our current account and today received letter which both me and my husband have to fill out and return by 31st Jan.
    Letter states please allow 14 working days for refund to be processed so s'pose sooner we get it back in to them the better!

• Advertisement

Letter came today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

We got a letter yesterday from Ulster Bank, They are finally ready to adjust TRS to 30%.
    Great timing. They offered to take the 5% balance off our outstanding Mortgage or refund to our current account.
    we are taking the cash as reducing the capital is like a drop in the ocean.
    I presume every one else received letter too

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Cypresstree

No sign of my letter yet! I did however write to them when the TRS landed in my account advising them to transfer this amount to my current account!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

We also received the letter on Monday.

It appears my calculations were off, I had us down as 22.5% previous & not 25% according to the bank.
    Can anyone remember what the TRS was in 2011 for a FTB in 2005.

Thanks

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    We also received the letter on Monday.

It appears my calculations were off, I had us down as 22.5% previous & not 25% according to the bank.
    Can anyone remember what the TRS was in 2011 for a FTB in 2005.

Thanks

2011 was year 7 so trs was 20% of ceiling or interest whichever was lower.

• Advertisement

rameire wrote: »
    2011 was year 7 so trs was 20% of ceiling or interest whichever was lower.

Ah good, did UB move us onto 25% then for 2012 ?.
    I'm only looking at a 5% shortfall which is why I'm curious.

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    Ah good, did UB move us onto 25% then for 2012 ?.
    I'm only looking at a 5% shortfall which is why I'm curious.

yes, that is correct, they put us all on 25% until they fix the 30%

I'm sure the letter I got at the beginning of the year had my TRS at 22.5% when I calculated it.
    Haven't received a letter from them yet. Does the letter state the amounts they owe and the amount you'll pay going forward? Or is it just a generic letter to tell you about the increase?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Got my letter and will be getting a refund to my current account (have to fill out a letter).
    Didn't even realise this was coming my way. An early Chrimbo pressie. Booyaa.

I'm sure the letter I got at the beginning of the year had my TRS at 22.5% when I calculated it.
    Haven't received a letter from them yet. Does the letter state the amounts they owe and the amount you'll pay going forward? Or is it just a generic letter to tell you about the increase?
    It breaks it down for you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

There's a form to fill out if you wan the refund lodged to the account you pay your mortgage through, and letter with the full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Got my letter today to fill out a form to claim into my bank account. Will they keep it if you have any arrears? We have always made payments on our mortgage but got into small arrears but are now back paying our full amount.
    Is there any point in sending the form back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 peterone

I got the letter yesterday and the refund they've calculated is way off. €111 on a 200k balance outstanding at a rate of 4.9%. I paid around 10k in interest last year and 5% of 10k is a lot more than €111 last time I checked. Anyone else have a similar issue? I've requested a detailed calculation because what they sent was just a three liner....

javagal wrote: »
    Got my letter today to fill out a form to claim into my bank account. Will they keep it if you have any arrears? We have always made payments on our mortgage but got into small arrears but are now back paying our full amount.
    Is there any point in sending the form back?

Read the letter;
    Please note that the option to receive payment to your current account is not available unless mortgage payments are up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Read the letter;

I did read the letter,hence I'm posting here.
    I've never missed a payment, just paid a reduced payment which I organised with my bank so technically,my payments are up to date.
    Ie I should of been paying 1100 per month but I paid 800,meaning they were putting 300euro into an arrears pile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Hi

I mistakenly threw out the prepaid envelope to send back for the refund.
    Would anybody have the address to hand?

Thanks
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

redalan wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Alan

I threw out my envelope by mistake too, but I did send my own letter to the address already given in the thread and it was received by the people looking after this.

Can confirm that they transferred the refund to my current account yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

redalan wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks
    Alan

TRS Project Team
    Ulster Bank
    Central Park
    Leopardstown
    Business Reply
    Dublin 18

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

fricatus wrote: »
    TRS Project Team
    Ulster Bank
    Central Park
    Leopardstown
    Business Reply
    Dublin 18

Brilliant stuff.

Cheers

So just to confirm, the new rate hasn't been applied yet? Just got the letter to say what I'll be paying this year and it doesn't seem to be the new rate.

Oddly enough, looking at my online banking here, I paid more this month than I did last month.

So just to confirm, the new rate hasn't been applied yet? Just got the letter to say what I'll be paying this year and it doesn't seem to be the new rate.

Oddly enough, looking at my online banking here, I paid more this month than I did last month.

Obviously, the principal increases & the interest decreases through the life of the mortgage.
    As your 2013 interest will be less than your 2012 interest your TRS will have decreased slightly.

Note this will change again once the 30% is applied.

Has anybody received their refund yet? How long did it take? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I got the letter, signed and returned immediately and refund within 5 days.

thebiglad wrote: »
    I got the letter, signed and returned immediately and refund within 5 days.

Is your current account with Ulster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

No, don't bank with them - refund was paid into the account from which I pay the mortgage with another bank.

Advertisement