Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank & increased TRS, anytime soon ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I bank with them.
    Have not received it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I sent my letter well before Xmas , they said Friday they never received it :mad::mad: time to send in another. To make matters worse they also done another 2 blunders on my account. The last 3 months they never applied ANY TRS!! Then December only took 100 and odd out of my account then sent me a letter demanding the rest!! even though i had well in excess of the mortgage repayment in my account! Some of their staff are so rude and condescending on the phone, if i could id change mortgage companies in a heartbeat.

projectgtr wrote: »
    I sent my letter well before Xmas , they said Friday they never received it :mad::mad: time to send in another. To make matters worse they also done another 2 blunders on my account. The last 3 months they never applied ANY TRS!! Then December only took 100 and odd out of my account then sent me a letter demanding the rest!! even though i had well in excess of the mortgage repayment in my account! Some of their staff are so rude and condescending on the phone, if i could id change mortgage companies in a heartbeat.

I posted mine on 27th, must ring today to find out what's going on...

sent letter dec 19th. I bank with them too. Nothing yet so I called them today. The refund was processed on Jan 8th so should have it this week ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Posted mine on 3rd Jan and the money landed this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

We got our refund yesterday.
    We lost our first time buyer relief as 7 years are up.
    So that will cover the mortgage increase for a few months

We got our refund yesterday.
    We lost our first time buyer relief as 7 years are up.
    So that will cover the mortgage increase for a few months
    A special rate of 30% for the tax years 2012 to 2017 was introduced for first-time buyers who bought their sole or main residence for the first time in the years 2004 to 2008 or paid their first mortgage interest payment in this period

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/buying_a_home/mortgage_interest_relief.html

I'm 7 years in on my mortgage and on 30% (or will be when UB get it sorted).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/owning_a_home/buying_a_home/mortgage_interest_relief.html

I'm 7 years in on my mortgage and on 30% (or will be when UB get it sorted).

We have been bumped down from first time buyers relief €20,000 @ 30% to €6,000 @ 30%. So we get €150 trs per month now.
    Its better then nothing I admit

Rang yesterday .....came today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Hanners

Its been a debacle all the way through, rest assured those pesky computers would have been fixed if the TRS rate was decreased. Just got my refund this morning, posted it mid december.

I take solace in the fact that my Tracker is in some way making up for all this:0)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Posted my letter last Monday. Refund came through yesterday. All good. :)

It's beyond belief that 15 months on the correct rate is still not being applied. Is there any point registering a complaint ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭rameire

it should be fixed and trs will be normalised in april.

just wondering, what would the complaint be?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    it should be fixed and trs will be normalised in april.

just wondering, what would the complaint be?
    That's its 15 months since the govt offered hard press home owners a little relief on their repayments an ulster bank still have not sorted their "computer" out :p
    It's a joke

you did get your 30% applied to your mortgage for 2012 in 2012,
    in 1 month you will be getting your 30% for 2013.

im just not sure what your complaint will get you or what you want from it.
    yes it would have been nice to get it from the start of last year, but hey we didnt, once we get it in the end im happy.

rameire wrote: »
    you did get your 30% applied to your mortgage for 2012 in 2012,
    in 1 month you will be getting your 30% for 2013.

im just not sure what your complaint will get you or what you want from it.
    yes it would have been nice to get it from the start of last year, but hey we didnt, once we get it in the end im happy.
    Maybe people who are short of money the odd month should do the same ... Sure the bank will get their money in the end :D I'd like to see their response to that !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Hey Rameire,
    Do you know how they will process the refund on the first 3 months of the year? Lump sum or spread out over the remaining 9 months?

Cheers

Spread out over remainder of year.
    So reduced mortgage repayments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Cheers, happy with that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement