Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to use a moka pot

• 16-10-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

I've been given a moka pot but no instructions. I know I put water on the bottom bit and coffee in the filtery bit and put it on the cooker. However when I did this the coffee was really weak. It's the same coffee I use in the french press so I know it's good. Just wondering if I need to use espresso ground coffee or there some thing else I did wrong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Check brewmethods.com
    you'll need a fine grind, slightly coarser than true espresso but a lot finer than French press.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I finally got a moka pot a few weeks ago and am loving it! Definitely a nicer brew than my french press. But I'm still using the same quantity of bean (Lavazza Rossa) and if anything I find it stronger than the press. I do grind it for about 50% longer than for the press though, roughly 15 seconds in my cheapo electric grinder.

What size pot are you using? I got a 3 cup pot but am only making coffee for one so I don't quite fill 'the filtery bit' which I'm sure is not advisable but it works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

I got some Lavazza and it's much better. The coffee I was using was too course for the moka pot hence the wateriness of the coffee. I only have a dinky 1 cup pot which is grand because I'm the only one drinking it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I have a Bialetti also. I use Lavazza at one rounded teaspoon to one Espresso cup of coffee (or a slightly larger cup) It's tastes brilliant.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Planet X wrote: »
    I have a Bialetti also. I use Lavazza at one rounded teaspoon to one Espresso cup of coffee (or a slightly larger cup) It's tastes brilliant.

Problem is, the coffees so good, I need to buy one for home. The one I have is for work. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

I use Douwe Egberts cafe milano in bialetti moka pot ,very nice as well.Liked my old french press but it got smashed on me.Blessing in disguise as the coffee from these pots is superb.

Advertisement