Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63

Options
  • 16-10-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I'm getting the battery in the Astec 63 replaced in the next day or so. The panel had been displaying '67 Call Engineer, Fault, Battery', for ages, but after a power cut last night it is now just '77 Call Engineer, Battery'.
    The guy who is changing the battery hopes that this will get the alarm back up and running, but has advised that it could have been locked by the original installer. Does anyone have the engineer code, as he does not have it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

silver10 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm getting the battery in the Astec 63 replaced in the next day or so. The panel had been displaying '67 Call Engineer, Fault, Battery', for ages, but after a power cut last night it is now just '77 Call Engineer, Battery'.
    The guy who is changing the battery hopes that this will get the alarm back up and running, but has advised that it could have been locked by the original installer. Does anyone have the engineer code, as he does not have it.

77 relates to the engineer who installed your system setting up a command that the system needs a service once a year. The alarm will work even with this displayed. Entering engineer and then exiting in will clear this for 1 year till it comes up again. The system can be defaulted and set up again even if it is engineer locked. If you PM me who installed the system I will see if I have the code on my list.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The battery fault displays 61 call engineer . As Altor said, changing the battery will clear this fault and it will refer back to 77 . This will not effect the normal operation of the alarm either way. I'm more surprised that the installer you have replacing the battery doesn't seem to understand the system and is concerned that engineer lock will affect the system.
    Just ask him to default and reprogram it without the service interval. It's all about 5 minutes work..

He must not know much about the Astec system if he can default it.
    Programming might be his problem :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Seriousally?:eek:
    It doesn't get any easier than Astec.;)

We know that.. Don't think his service engineer does..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 silver10

Hi there

Have PM'd you, thanks!

Thanks for the advice, the guy I have changing the battery is not an engineer (but an electrician!) who does alarms too - he has the manual for the astec - will that give him the info to do the job!? do I need to get an engineer?

Sounds like this guy is not licensed. You are legally obliged to only employ a licensed installer.

PS .. Needing a manual for Astec means he knows very little about alarms at all IMO.

Crikey - never knew that I needed to have a licenced installer, and yep I think that he's winging it a bit, trouble is I know jack about this too! - the alarm has been outa action for a good long while, where do I find a licensed installer and what would I expect to pay?

• Advertisement

Great, will have a read, thanks for all your help with this :>)

Your welcome. Let us know how you get on.

silver10 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, the guy I have changing the battery is not an engineer (but an electrician!) who does alarms too - he has the manual for the astec - will that give him the info to do the job!? do I need to get an engineer?

It will tell you how to factory default the alarm but if it is engineer locked he will not get that info in the manual. I would also add that he needs to be licensed to work on your alarm system If not then both of you are breaking the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi
    Can anyone could post a astec 63dv engineering manual please. And need a help , my alarm astec 63 will arm when we put the code, but not trigger any sound, it's says battery law, and call engineer, please help me to try few solutions? Thank you

If it's saying battery then that needs to be replaced. It may be bringing the bells down.
    I'll PM you the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Thank you dear , I will try and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 John Brady 1

Hi,

Would anybody have the Astec 63 alarm manual? New home owner trying to troubleshoot it and replace battery.

Thanks
    J

I have PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 padohfair

Hi there,

I have an astec 63 in the house I have bought.

I don't think it has been used recently by previous owner / tenants.

To get it up and working, I believe I need to default to factory settings and re-programme, however I don't have the engineers code.

I've been quoted €250 for this service by local alarm company.

Does anyone know of a cheaper option? I'm based in Dublin 3.

padohfair wrote: »
    Hi there,

To get it up and working, I believe I need to default to factory settings and re-programme, however I don't have the engineers code.

If you dont have the user code then you would need to default the system and set it back up.
    If you do you can easily change the old user code.
    Here is a link to the user manual which explains how to do that.

Company's have different charges, my advise would be to shop around.

• Advertisement

padohfair wrote: »
    Hi there,

€250 seems a lot. Did they say you need anything else done.?
    Shop around. If you are just looking for it defaulted and reprogrammed you will get it done for a fraction of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clisa6

Hi

Could anyone help me out with a Engineer's Manual for an astec system.

Thank you

PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

may as well raise this from the dead. Having made the decision to just use the existing alarm in the house, Astec 63, as funds are tight, the damn thing nows shows a fault on the panel. Its showing 22 and mains fault. Anyone have a clue? Nothing has happened to it.

Mains fault is its not getting mains power. Is the orange light on under the fuse on the main panel?

22 Call Engineer is a fault with the internal or external bell.

If you press clear set full what errors display on the keypad?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Mains fault is its not getting mains power. Is the orange light on under the fuse on the main panel?

22 Call Engineer is a fault with the internal or external bell.

If you press clear set full what errors display on the keypad?

Yeah orange light is on under the fuse on the mane panel.

At one point i think it threw up a SAB fault. In the 5 months we've been in the house we've never chosen to use it because its hard to figure the keypad! When i contact the company who's name is on the bellbox and asked when it was last serviced they said they couldnt tell me.

I'm not at home so can't see the panel.

The bell fault or Sab fault would be your biggest problem as these parts are no longer available
    Having said that it could be as simple as one of them disconnected.

KoolKid wrote: »
    The bell fault or Sab fault would be your biggest problem as these parts are no longer available
    Having said that it could be as simple as one of them disconnected.

the fault wasn't there up until recently. So not sure how it would have been disconnected.

Got a price for a HKC system recently. Broke down as follows approx:
    450 - control panel and keypad
    30 per interia sensor
    20 for PIR
    150 for GSM dialler
    67 annual cost for self monitoring and app

is that generally the average for a new system? Seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CCole

Hi there

Could really use some help. House we are renting has the astec alarm. All was working fine then last night zone 4 tamper set the alarm off. Which woke my little girl and the neighbours.... so tonight we bypassed zone 4 when setting it and it's just gone off again. I ran downstairs to switch off and when it was off the alarm went off and showed the same fault. I don't want to get a new alarm in a rental, but can't keep having the alarm go off even if it's not set. Any ideas?? Thanks a mil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 simes_pep

The Alarm here hasn't been used in a number of years by the owner, who has now rented to me. I would like to reinstate the Alarm system - it is an Astec 63D.
    The owner doesn't want to spend any money getting it done, as he didn't consider it necessary, so I want to see if I can get it back operational.

So on initial powering up - Default code (4711) not accepted, and neither the Engineer code (1174).

What next full reset?

Anyone got the Engineer's/Installation Manual available?

If it has been Engineer locked, how you unlock it?

TIA
    Simon.

Advertisement