Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

CCole wrote: »
    Hi there

Could really use some help. House we are renting has the astec alarm. All was working fine then last night zone 4 tamper set the alarm off. Which woke my little girl and the neighbours.... so tonight we bypassed zone 4 when setting it and it's just gone off again. I ran downstairs to switch off and when it was off the alarm went off and showed the same fault. I don't want to get a new alarm in a rental, but can't keep having the alarm go off even if it's not set. Any ideas?? Thanks a mil

There is a detector that is either loose, faulty or a wiring problem on that zone. The quick fix to stop it constantly activating would be to identify what's on that zone and remove any detector. This will create a permanent tamper and eliminate the recurring activations.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

simes_pep wrote: »
    The Alarm here hasn't been used in a number of years by the owner, who has now rented to me. I would like to reinstate the Alarm system - it is an Astec 63D.
    The owner doesn't want to spend any money getting it done, as he didn't consider it necessary, so I want to see if I can get it back operational.

So on initial powering up - Default code (4711) not accepted, and neither the Engineer code (1174).

What next full reset?

Anyone got the Engineer's/Installation Manual available?

If it has been Engineer locked, how you unlock it?

TIA
    Simon.

A default and reprogramme is the only option.
    To try a factory reset remove the mains power, the battery link and the factory link.
    Power up on the mains with the links still removed. If defaulted the user code 4711 will disarm and the engineer code 1174 will put the system into engineer mode to programme the panel.
    We are not allowed help here with engineer codes. We would also not be able to help you here with overriding an engineer lock, but any good installers would be able to sort this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 simes_pep

KoolKid wrote: »
    A default and reprogramme is the only option.
    To try a factory reset remove the mains power, the battery link and the factory link.
    Power up on the mains with the links still removed. If defaulted the user code 4711 will disarm and the engineer code 1174 will put the system into engineer mode to programme the panel.
    We are not allowed help here with engineer codes. We would also not be able to help you here with overriding an engineer lock, but any good installers would be able to sort this for you.

Thanks - tried that, powering up with both links removed, and no change.
    So it needs an Engineer override, which is a callout fee.

An installation manual would still be welcomed, if anyone has one for this panel.

The factory default that you tried is as much as the engineer manual will tell you. Unfortunately though, Boards.ie no longer allow us to help you with manuals.

Advertisement