Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying xbox problem!

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I have a major issue with my Xbox Super Elite that I bought approx 3 years ago that has been happening for a while.

When I try to start/load a game the drive usually doesn't read the disc. I hear the drive spin and try to read it but it usually displays that there is no disc in the drive. I then have to open the drive and close it and see if it works. This can happen many times without any joy. Sometimes it will just stay saying "reading" and I have to power off the xbox and try again. Sometimes the game will load but freeze/crash not long after saying the disc was unreadable. It can take up to half an hour of doing his for a game to actually work properly but when it does work there are no issues.

Until yesterday!

I bought a pre-owned game and the same was happening. Then I got to the stage where the game loaded to the last load screen (before any menus come up) but then the disc stopped turning and gave just a black screen. I had to eject the disc to get the xbox to do anything. Sometimes it would fully load and the game would start but after about 5 seconds I would get a disc error again. I tried to install the game to the hard drive but each time it stopped at 51% and aborted.

In the middle of all this I inserted a different game I had played before and this worked fine first time and I could play away. I then brought the game to a mates house who has my old original xbox 360 and the game worked perfect first time round, I even got to play for about 15 min to make sure.

Has anyone had any similar issues? Not sure I can afford a new Xbox.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

What is the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Meesared wrote: »
    What is the game?

Sniper Elite

Try clearing your system cache and seeing if that helps.

Meesared wrote: »
    Try clearing your system cache and seeing if that helps.

That's what I'll try tonight, found that on the official support site.

Could be a glitched title update or it could be your disc drive is having some issues. Id also try the game without the hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Sounds like the laser in your drive is failing.You can just replace the laser in your drive or get someone to replace it for you.Much cheaper than buying a new xbox.

Update:

I cleared the cache and took out the hard drive but still the same was happening but I persevered and got to play for a couple of hours last night. I then exited the game and tried to install to the hard drive. At first it went as far as 62% before crashing which was further than it had gone before. I tried once more and got it fully installed in the end.

I will try later to see if it will take as long to get a game started now that it is installed.

Advertisement