Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to bring to airport for immigration - Canada IEC. Please help!

• 16-10-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, if not please tell me where it should be.

I leave for Canada next week, doing a ski season in whistler and will be flying into Vancouver. I really would like some clarification on what exactly to bring along with me, document wise.

My letter of introduction, my proof of funds..I know I need those. Can anyone advise me as to what else I must bring with me? It would be softest lay appreciated, thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

skreepers wrote: »
    Hi there I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it, if not please tell me where it should be.

I leave for Canada next week, doing a ski season in whistler and will be flying into Vancouver. I really would like some clarification on what exactly to bring along with me, document wise.

My letter of introduction, my proof of funds..I know I need those. Can anyone advise me as to what else I must bring with me? It would be softest lay appreciated, thanks! :)

Proof of insurance also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Proof of insurance also

Not sure you need it as an entry requirement. It's just extremely advisable to have.

You won't need anything else other than your passport.

NoelAPM wrote: »

Not sure you need it as an entry requirement. It's just extremely advisable to have.

You won't need anything else other than your passport.

Is it not a condtition of the IEC that you need insurance in place?
    From reading here it doesn't get checked often but. You might get someone in immigration who does everything by the book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

Is it not a condtition of the IEC that you need insurance in place?
    From reading here it doesn't get checked often but. You might get someone in immigration who does everything by the book

I'm not gonna look into it so yea it might be a must have. If it is make sure and have it. I got a hard ass going over the border. Asked for proof of funds from both me and my gf.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 skreepers

Does the interrogation last long? How about for someone who doesn't have a visa but is going there on a one way flight on a tourist visa (my friend), do you think he will be questioned thoroughly, or will they let him through straight away as a holidayer?

• Advertisement

Does the interrogation last long? How about for someone who doesn't have a visa but is going there on a one way flight on a tourist visa (my friend), do you think he will be questioned thoroughly, or will they let him through straight away as a holidayer?

I would expect him to get quite a grilling to be honest.
    Young guy flying from Irfeland on a one way ticket? That will probably attract some interst from Immigration.
    He should have a good reason why he only has a one way flight
    He should have proof that he has money to support himself while he is there or can afford a flight onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

My understanding is that your visa is on the condition that you have insurence for the period you will be spending in Canada, make sure you have it, certainly not worth getting sent home over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 kallstrom86

From what I remember there's a police officer checking everyone's ticket when you arrive to see how long your stay is. If it's long or one way you have to go to emigration.
    That's just a 10min thing where another police officer looks through your documents and sometimes they ask for proof of funds.(I didn't get asked, my friend did).
    A one way ticket will arouse suspicion for sure. I'd advise him to have a very good cover story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Just arrived in Calgary, surprised to find they neither asked us about funds or insurance, and we're both in our early 20s. Very easy process and it beats waitin for your bags

Advertisement