Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail Access

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone else notice that between approx 11am and 1pm everyday it is impossible to login to https://secure.eircom.net/email to retreive Eircom webmail. I can download the emails to me phone so it must just be an issue with their webservers. We can rule out any issues at my end as we have a 40mb fiber connection and I am an IT engineer. This has been going on for a long time now and is very annoying.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

jashigg wrote: »
    Does anyone else notice that between approx 11am and 1pm everyday it is impossible to login to https://secure.eircom.net/email to retreive Eircom webmail. I can download the emails to me phone so it must just be an issue with their webservers. We can rule out any issues at my end as we have a 40mb fiber connection and I am an IT engineer. This has been going on for a long time now and is very annoying.

Hi jashigg

I can see you were in touch with Mark a few weeks ago who requested an upgrade on your account. Your account has been added to the upgrade list but they are on temporary hold at the moment. This is due to a larger upgrade to the mail servers which is taken priority, there is no definite date on the upgrade as of yet but Mark's request will still go through but will be slightly later than planned. When the upgrade is complete you will notice the view on your emails will change slightly but no action is required on your end.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jashigg

Laura,

Any news / explanation for this, I have missed appointments becuase of this a few weeks ago and again this week.

Jason

Linda,

Do you have any news on this update, again I have missed appointments because of this?

Jason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Linda,

Do you have any news on this update, again I have missed appointments because of this?

Jason

Hi Jason
    I am afraid that there were som eissues from Friday with mails. This was due to an authentication issue, which then created a backlog. I have been advised that this issue has now been resolved. Can you let m eknow if still an isue for you.. ( I can see that Mark was dealing with this fo ryou)
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 37 RockMonster

I've a pain in me bo**ox with eircom webmail service... it takes me fecking ages to login in through https, more times than not it crashes out.. same crap on me iphone.. what a **** service in this day and age.

• Advertisement

It is absolutely nuts. I know people that use this service for their primary business email. (not ideal but fine for their needs) I have lost appointments and pissed people off because I gave them this address and I was not able to see their mails on the day they sent them.
    The most annoying thing is nobody from eircom can tell me what is going on. Also this has been happenong for a few months.
    Eircom should not advertise or promote a service that is sub standard.

Same crap today.. jeeze.. just times out with a "internet explorer cannont display this webpage" wtf.. :mad: If I had this as a business webmail service I'd be going more nuts than I am now.. and dropping them asap..

Same crap today.. jeeze.. just times out with a "internet explorer cannont display this webpage" wtf.. :mad: If I had this as a business webmail service I'd be going more nuts than I am now.. and dropping them asap..

Hi RockMonster
    I am afraid that some customers have reported same issue.. We have made tech support fully aware of this and it is being investigated.
    We apologies for this disruption and hope to have resolved as soon as possible.
    We will post any update here and to our online forums here

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Same here.

Hi Tony, cheers for the post.. eventually accessed but very, very slow at accessing inbox..

crack the whip a little harder their with the IT lads.. :D

R

• Advertisement

Hi Tony, cheers for the post.. eventually accessed but very, very slow at accessing inbox..

crack the whip a little harder their with the IT lads.. :D

R

Will certainly keep pressure on for response on this RockMonster..
    I have been advised that some work done over past few days has resolved the issue for many customers but that further fixes are required to resolve this issue for those customers who remain affected..
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Esther Dalton

Linda,

Jason

I am totally fed up trying to access my Eircom emails. This has been going on for months now. I have had Eircom for years and never had a problem, but for the last few months it has been horrendous. Never mind trying for hours on end to get into my emails, but when I do manage to access them and try to reply they just disappear into the ether never to be found again! God help those depending on emails for their business - I feel extremely sorry for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jceng

Unfortunately our business uses webmail.
    I am going mental here.
    Everyday, every single day accessing emails is a nightmare esp around 11am to 1pm as Jashigg said.
    I often find it can go on until 3pm some days.

Seriously eircom you have got to get your act together.
    Why offer a webmail service when you cant deliver??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭THENORTHSIDER

I've a pain in me bo**ox with eircom webmail service... it takes me fecking ages to login in through https, more times than not it crashes out.. same crap on me iphone.. what a **** service in this day and age.

if I tried I couldn't say it better. :mad::mad::mad:

Well all I can say is God bless your patience and calmness. If I were trying to run a business and relying on Eircom webmail I think I would be posting comments like RockMonster! It's bad enough when it's for personal stuff only, but when you want to print out holiday and airline tickets it's a nightmare. If it's not sorted out soon I'm going over to UPC, inconvenient and all as it might be.

Well all I can say is God bless your patience and calmness. If I were trying to run a business and relying on Eircom webmail I think I would be posting comments like RockMonster! It's bad enough when it's for personal stuff only, but when you want to print out holiday and airline tickets it's a nightmare. If it's not sorted out soon I'm going over to UPC, inconvenient and all as it might be.

Moving internet provider won't help: I'm with UPC but use Eircom webmail and am having the same difficulties. If you're going to switch, you'll have to change webmail providers.

I know, and I would imagine changing email addresses is an absolute nightmare, especially for business people. But if this keeps up I can imagine a lot of people will do this.

Hi All, After a bitch n moan on monday about eircom's paltry webmail service and reply from Tony.. I thought I saw a glimmer of hope in the cyber horizon... :D yesterday I logged in a few times over the course of the day and saw a immense difference between web and iphone... :rolleyes: but alas from today the same waiting s**te for web page to log me in.. I've absolutely no confidencie in eircom's lack lustre approach to fixing problems... 3-5min wait to log in, web page half loads in, slow to react between window.. :mad::mad::mad: getting dizzy looking at rotating circle... Comon to F... let me in..

R

jceng is exactly what I am talking about. Many people were encouraged to set up eircom.net email accounts for their business, it defies reality that these same people now can not access them at the most crucial times of the day.
    In one of my post an eircom rep replied and highlighted a comment where I mentioned it was interesting how Eircom seem to be very quick to intercept and manage posts about them on forums like this.
    When ever I put up a post about this service (public forum) an eircom rep was on to me inside a few hours. If I wanted support from them for webmail I can not get it because I do not have an Eircom account number.
    I would be hours waiting if I tried to contact them directly.

I'm in the same both with regards to not having an eircom account no... and I can tell ya that I never will, pure s**te service.. .same crap today.. all this is falling on deaf ears. useless shower.. :(

• Advertisement

I'm in the same both with regards to not having an eircom account no... and I can tell ya that I never will, pure s**te service.. .same crap today.. all this is falling on deaf ears. useless shower.. :(

It's working fine for me today. But for how long?

It's working fine for me today. But for how long?

Answer: less than a day.

Less than a day exactly Grolschevik. I thought a miracle had occurred yesterday and Eircom had finally sorted out the problems - but no - same thing today. Haven't managed to access at all and it's now almost 1pm. If I were trying to run a business, I would sue Eircom for losses. New year I'm changing provider. I've had enough.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

New year I'm changing provider. I've had enough.:mad:

You won't be the only one, methinks. I'm seriously thinking of doing the same. The only thing stopping me is the hassle of changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I am moving all contacts to gmail, problems all the time with eircom webmail. I am logged in at the moment but I cannot see a thing. The service is getting worse by the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Guys

Apologies for all this inconvenience caused, We have had issues with webmail although these issues should be mostly resolved. Email support have informed me to advise you to contact them on 1890260260 if issues are still occurring.

Regards

Al

what a absolutely crap service.. just wait till an eircom rep comes to my door to look for me to sign up with them again, looking so forward to it... got into my webmail no problems before 10 now it 11:17 and the never ending circle on the tab and not responding pop up comes up.. pullin my f@@kn hair out.. I've had this account since early 2003.. its looking like gmail is going to be my new provider.. couldn't fix a squeak on a rusty hinge.. no sign of Tony repling to these... typical.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

now this is appearing "Our webmail service is currently experiencing some problems. Please try again later." at log in screen.. what are these guys at.. I really feel so sorry for any of ye guys that are paying for this service.. it is below sub standard.. me think a mention or too to the like of Matt Cooper show on today FM is required... to see what they come back with.. how hard is it to have a robust web mail service and these guys have the infrastructure sown up.. joke

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Very frustrating, i've just managed to send a work related email- 20 minutes late and am now strugging to send another
    Rockmonster- try using basic version

• Advertisement

have been using the basic, trying to send a few photo myself and timed out as I tried to attach them... really annoying the f@@k out of me.. I'll give them a call on the number Alan left, should be fun.. if I get through.. my thoughts are with you if your paying for this service... hate to be bitch'n all the time about it.

Advertisement