Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA Voice Certification

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Can anyone tell me how this compares to the CCNA in terms of difficulty and time required to get completed? I currently work on a good bit of telecoms stuff in work (VoIP, SS7, SIP) but none of the kit we have in place is Cisco. Does this certification cover all the fundamentals of voice technologies or is it geared primarily towards Cisco kit i.e. if Im not working with Cisco, will this be of any benefit?? Any feedback is much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Studying for it myself. Looks like you can do most of it with a 2800 series router with call manager express installed. Then you can use softphones for testing calls etc. You might need logins for Ciscos website to download the software.

I am a network engineer who never did much telecoms. I find it interesting and it does cover fundamentals fairly well. It is fairly Cisco oriented but it should teach you some stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

It can be quite hard to compare the two exams as they are very different in my opinion, but I would say its harder to get a CCNA from scratch than it is a CCNA Voice.

Get CBT nuggets to give you a good idea of the theory and explain topics and get a router running call manager express and start playing around. THe exam is just multiple choice questions with no labbing so can be covered just by theory alone...

Advertisement