Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my shower knackered?

• 16-10-2012 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have a Triton shower - for the last couple of days the water flow has been really, really weak.

Normally having the temperature between 4 and 5 is sufficient, now I can go to 9 or 10 and it's barely hot. And the water strength is terrible, it's barely drizzling.

There's no issue with the taps in the bathroom, water pressure is fine, so is the shower knackered and if so what are my options?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

have u tried cleaning the shower head can clog up if you problems with lime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi MangO
    take off shower head. Buy some limescale descaler 100% consentrated if possible. Soak shower head in it for 1 day, Wash all off and refit head, Shower heads are seldom cleaned and people think shower is knackered.
    NW
    Just fixed one yesterday for client, Working well again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

North West wrote: »
    Hi MangO
    take off shower head. Buy some limescale descaler 100% consentrated if possible. Soak shower head in it for 1 day, Wash all off and refit head, Shower heads are seldom cleaned and people think shower is knackered.
    NW
    Just fixed one yesterday for client, Working well again

Ordinary (white) vinegar works really well too, you could try that first and see if that shifts anything. The head should just unscrew from the hose - and depending on your head, the round part of the head might unscrew from the rest of it too, making it easy to put into a bowl or freezer bag with the vinegar/descaler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 wagon_repair

mang0 wrote: »
    I have a Triton shower - for the last couple of days the water flow has been really, really weak.

Normally having the temperature between 4 and 5 is sufficient, now I can go to 9 or 10 and it's barely hot. And the water strength is terrible, it's barely drizzling.

There's no issue with the taps in the bathroom, water pressure is fine, so is the shower knackered and if so what are my options?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

We have a same problem at home at the moment, i don't think our problem is with the shower head tho as we regularly clean it out every few days.

I was looking into a few other possibilities online and found a few topics saying the solenoids tend to be problematic on the triton showers (t80xr is the model we have). When the solenoid is at fault it brings with it all the symptoms both you and I seem to be experiencing.

I am by no means a shower expert and we are still waiting to get someone else out to look at it for a professional opinion, but if i were you and you have someone around thats handy with these sort of things I would mention having a look at the solenoid to check everything is in order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82,970 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Take the shower hose off the shower, place a bucket underneath the outlet pipe and turn it on, if there's no flow the shower has problems, possibly the pump gone and may be a better decision to replace rather than repair if you have it a few years. If the water is coming out at pressure you know it's a problem with the showerhead or hose being blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

there is a filter in the shower, it might need cleaning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've had Triton showers a long time. The shower head needs soaking in white vinegar every few months or so.
    If the water isn't coming out straight but spraying all over the pace this is a clear sign lime is building up inside the head.
    Let soak overnight, right as rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Shower hoses don't last forever, and in some the rubber liner of the hose will perish and collapse, shutting down the flow. Do as suggested in this post--disconnect the hose and try the shower. If there is a good flow then go to the local DIY store and buy a new hose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 HomeRepair.ie

What Triton Shower is it? (ie Triton T90 Electric).
    There is a filter in it and it is very possible that it needs to be cleaned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 HomeRepair.ie

We have a same problem at home at the moment, i don't think our problem is with the shower head tho as we regularly clean it out every few days.

I was looking into a few other possibilities online and found a few topics saying the solenoids tend to be problematic on the triton showers (t80xr is the model we have). When the solenoid is at fault it brings with it all the symptoms both you and I seem to be experiencing.

I am by no means a shower expert and we are still waiting to get someone else out to look at it for a professional opinion, but if i were you and you have someone around thats handy with these sort of things I would mention having a look at the solenoid to check everything is in order

Hi Wagon Repair

You may have the same problem. The filter could be blocked. Here is a link to the manual for your Triton t80xr Electric showew. http://www.tritonshowers.ie/media/1076777/t80xr.pdf Have a look at page 17. Be warned, before servicing, switch off both the electricity supply and water supply at the mains.

Homerepair.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement