Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest VMWare Training

Options
  • 16-10-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,
    can anyone tell me the cheapest VMWare training centre in Dublin? I'm hoping to complete the VCP ICM certification but will be forking out myself. Considering how expensive the training is I am keen to find the cheapest option available out there. Any information is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I'm also interested in this - anyone got any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

You're not going to get cheap VMware training unfortunately. This is because you have to do an "official" course in order to hold the certification, therefore, the 1 or 2 providers that are there, tend not to discount it. Why would they?

If I were you, I’d find out when a course was happening and contact them the week before and see if you can get a last minute discount - by that stage the course is running anyway, so any additional bookings are seen as "gravy" to the training company

Another idea, is to mention that you're paying for this out of your own pocket, rather than an employer being invoiced.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dudwell

Just an update on my original post. I've been asking around a few of the VMWare training centres to see what are the best costs available are for the VCP ICM 5.1 course. I spoke with a really good guy from Global Knowledge who said he could do a good price of around €1500 if i could get a group of 5 people willing to commit. Are there any people out there interested in this course (next one scheduled in January 2013)? If so then PM me to see if something can be organised.

dudwell

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

dudwell wrote: »
    Just an update on my original post. I've been asking around a few of the VMWare training centres to see what are the best costs available are for the VCP ICM 5.1 course. I spoke with a really good guy from Global Knowledge who said he could do a good price of around €1500 if i could get a group of 5 people willing to commit. Are there any people out there interested in this course (next one scheduled in January 2013)? If so then PM me to see if something can be organised.

dudwell

Do you know what the course duration is? Is it done over a week or over a number of weeks? Also, is there a separate exam fee and, if so, how much is it?

Apologies for all the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Exam fee is usually separate.
    I'm interested if this is done over a couple of weekends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

The course will be Mon-Fri, there's no company offering this course in Ireland over weekends.

Exams are seperate and booked through www.vue.com

Advertisement