Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 16 - Mardyke Bar, Sheares Street, Cork -27 / 10 / 2012

• 16-10-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭

ok casuals from 13:00 t0 14:00 and the tournament start from 14:00 to 18:00

we had a few short less people showed up for casuals last week but this time i hope you all can make it :p

during the casuals i talked to the guys who showed up about jacking up the entry price a little because there is nothing going into the funds at all.... in fact non what so ever. so ill be adding a poll to get a feed back from you guys and as allways talk about it on here too,

All Tempest requires is pocket change of an extra 2.50 euro on top of the normal entry fee ( 12.50 )

there was a mention here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056766092&page=3

if you skipped this part just in case ill post the vote on change below

If anyone can bring equipment ( ie, Xboxes, monitors, speakers, etc. ) Then please let us know here.

Here is a map as to the location of the venue in relation to the train station and the bus station;
    fW63J.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Rules are as follows:

SSFIV:

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.

The tournament format is a group stage followed by a double elimination brackets stage.

Each match will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match will only be played in the event of a tie after the second game. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

Time is set to 99 seconds.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each set. However once a set has started they may only change characters after losing a game. The winner of the first game must stick to the character they started the game with and may only change if he loses the second game, in which case the winner of the second game must then stick to the character he used in the second game.

5. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

6. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

7. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

8. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

9. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

10. No food can be eaten in the venue that was not bought on the premises.
    user_offline.png

during the casuals i talked to the guys who showed up about jacking up the entry price a little because there is nothing going into the funds at all.... in fact non what so ever. so ill be adding a poll to get a feed back from you guys and as allways talk about it on here too

All Tempest requires is pocket change of an extra 2.50 euro on top of the normal entry fee ( 12.50 )

there was a mention here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...6766092&page=3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Shokashi wrote: »
    during the casuals i talked to the guys who showed up about jacking up the entry price a little because there is nothing going into the funds at all.... in fact non what so ever. so ill be adding a poll to get a feed back from you guys and as allways talk about it on here too

there was a mention here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...6766092&page=3

Perhaps if people brought a console/monitor, the 2.50 could be waivered for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I'll be there, with my Xbox in tow.

Also, regardless of whatever or not the 2.50 is waived for people who bring stuff, I'll probably still pay it. It's only pocket money in the long run, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

I make no promises for my schedule and whether or not I'll attend the tournament proper, but I will promise that I'll stop by to make a donation. And that extra €2.50 will be no problem for me to support.

• Advertisement

Nevflinn wrote: »
    I make no promises for my schedule and whether or not I'll attend the tournament proper, but I will promise that I'll stop by to make a donation. And that extra €2.50 will be no problem for me to support.

glad to here it Sam, sairus noted that i shpuld keep it to a simple 2 euros extra and not 2.50. to much hassle to get the change you know

come on guys dont let tempet hang. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

Wasn't able to make it to the last two but will be there on Saturday. I'm sure I can spare the extra 2 euros as well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭prenelf

I shall be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'll be hype. Should be able to get some practice on friday too, so I'll be extra hype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'll be there plus monitor.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

How many people are going? Would be handy to have a quick poll to judge numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Polls rarely do anything except depress the tournament organizers with false hopes :pac:

Sairus wrote: »
    Polls rarely do anything except depress the tournament organizers with false hopes :pac:
    i allways thoght Sairus was messing around when he said this to me when he was running tempest. now that i am running it i can confirm what he said is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Silver Steeez

Yup i should be along with an xbox for macks tv :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

I'll be there.

Hypest Tempest ever! GG's to everyone and looking forward to the next one already.

1. Gouke (Gouken)
    2. Prenelf (Ryu)
    3. Silver Steez (M. Bison)
    4. Drago (Blanka)
    5. Misty Chaos (Juri)
    5. Shokashi (Cody)
    7. Mack (Fei Long)
    7. VizardAnto (Cammy)

What was the turnout?

Also
    mackg wrote: »
    7. VizardAnto (Cammy)

Where did that come from?

We had 10 people show up to play in the tournament, quite a successful day if you ask me. :)

GGs to everyone I played, scored a bit of a success on my end by beating MackG in top 8 brackets - I seem to be on a roll recently with overcoming bad match ups for my character.

I'll start uploading the matches tomorrow.

Sairus wrote: »
    What was the turnout?

Also

Where did that come from?

Here :pac:
    We had 10 people show up to play in the tournament, quite a successful day if you ask me. :)

GGs to everyone I played, scored a bit of a success on my end by beating MackG in top 8 brackets - I seem to be on a roll recently with overcoming bad match ups for my character.

I'll start uploading the matches tomorrow.

You know you've made it when you beat me!

• Advertisement

I mentioned this to Oniken on Facebook, but Halo 4's launch is next week. Gamestop in Cork will probably have a midnight launch. It might be an idea to hand out some Tempest fliers to the crowd queuing up to dredge up some new faces.
    Even if they don't play themselves, they'll likely know people that do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Ggs everyone, really looking forward to some of those replays. Especially misty/mack, and silver freeez (to throws). Was some good stuff out of shokashis makoto too.

raah! wrote: »
    Ggs everyone, really looking forward to some of those replays. Especially misty/mack, and silver freeez (to throws). Was some good stuff out of shokashis makoto too.

Unfortunately, the match between me and Mack wasn't recorded. :(

Also, I thinks this needs to be said, I was confused at the fact that grand finals was only 2 out of 3. The standard for grand finals is 3 out of 5. Hence, why I'm confused at the end of the finals video when I upload it. I think we need a solid rule regarding this for future Tempests to prevent confusion.

I'm personally voting for 3 out of 5 for grand finals.

And with THAT in mind, if we're going to be running Halo tournaments, we'll need to find out the tournament standard rules for that as well.

I asked during grand finals was it 2/3 or 3/5, no one answered so I took it that both people in grand finals were happy enough with 2/3. Tbh if it was 3/5 and the bracket was reset we probably wouldn't have had time to finish on Saturday.

I think the Halo thing is to find people who play Street Fighter as opposed to running Halo tournaments.

From what i remeber when sai did it. It was 2/3 and it doubles when the loser beats the first lot.

Advertisement