Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

books on android development

Options
  • 16-10-2012 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some decent books on android development.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

The book I would recommend is developer.android.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I wasnt asking about websites but thanks anyway.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

he's right though, it's the best and most current resource around along with stackoverflow.

i got a few android books for my kindle to read on the bus and 'Professional Android 4 Application Development' seemed the most comprehensive.

I agree with you georgie about the website but I tend to like a good book to work off.only have one monitor and flipping between the IDE and the website doing the tutourials and looking up info can be a bit of a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Howlin1

I found Apress Beginning Android 4 (2012) and Head First Android Development good books (I used the Head First book first and found it very handy)

• Advertisement

have the heads first java book so if its as decent as that I'll see if I can pick it up on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Android Application Development for Dummies is really good if you're only starting off.

yeah have the java side of things nailed down,its jsut the android api and xml i have to get use too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The first thing you should do is get a second monitor, is a big deal for developers.

Advertisement