Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Recommend A Restaurant Thread

Options
  • 16-10-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

I thought a thread to recommend your favourite eateries around the city and county would be a good idea - trying new restaurants is always fun

For me, I'm a sucker for Mexican, so I love Cafe Mexicana - the beef burrito there is awesome

For Italian, it's gotta be Ristorante Rossini - the food is incredible (omg that fillet steak with gorgonzola), and the atmosphere is great - there's usually a guy playing piano and singing Italian songs. Superb. It can be a bit pricey though.

Also like Banna Thai on Maylor Street and Market Lane.

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Roar wrote: »
    I thought a thread to recommend your favourite eateries around the city and county would be a good idea - trying new restaurants is always fun

For me, I'm a sucker for Mexican, so I love Cafe Mexicana - the beef burrito there is awesome

For Italian, it's gotta be Ristorante Rossini - the food is incredible (omg that fillet steak with gorgonzola), and the atmosphere is great - there's usually a guy playing piano and singing Italian songs. Superb. It can be a bit pricey though.

Also like Banna Thai on Maylor Street and Market Lane.

Any other suggestions?

Load of threads on this already..

Post number 11 here..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056780235

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

How about this one could be what people's favourite menu-items in specific restaurants are?

So, in cafe mexicana... I really like the Mexican grandma cake. The cake is an icy-cold coffee cake with nuts and chocolate, covered in a layer of cream, with a warm chocolate sauce poured over. Crunchy nuts, soft cake and cream, warm chocolate sauce. Yum! I like their tortilla soup as well.

In Ivory tower, that swordfish with banana ketchup... I know it's his signature thing, so i'm probably being a bit boring, but I love it.

In yuan ming yuan, love those taro root croquettes. No clue where they are on the menu, they were recommended by the waiter one day, and I keep getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

We could probably do with a Recommend A Restaurant Thread Thread at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

evilivor wrote: »
    We could probably do with a Recommend A Restaurant Thread Thread at this stage.

See My other post above.. ^^^^^^

It's been tried before,but people keep opening new Threads on it anyway.

Advertisement