Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson v Triax v anyother

Options
  • 16-10-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Can anyone help me choose between Ferguson Ariva 250 and the Triax TSC114 combo sat/saorview receivers or indeed have you any other recommendations. Ability to record relatively simply and a clear channel line up with preferably one remote control would help my untechnical family master the system. At present I have an old wide flatscreen Sony TV which I find satisfactory an old sky Pace box with freeview card ( so no committment to Sky) and a rather lovely Sony VCR with Smartfile. As long as the TV is switched on I can record from satellite but obviously cannot record one satellite channel while watching another. I intend to purchase a 500gb hdd with its own power supply and next year a full HD TV obviously with its own saorview tuner. I want to be able in the future to either record one satellite channel and watch or record another and be able to record a saorview channel while watching or recording another. I understand that I will need a twin tuner satellite box for this, is there one that will do saorview too? I would like to be able to receive all available FTA HD channels
    Tagged:

Advertisement