Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family emigration to Canada

• 16-10-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi folks,
    my self and the family are thinking of heading over probably to Calgary or Edmonton im an Electrician she is a hair stylist. Only problem is i don't have job yet is there any one out there that knows some one in a recruiting agency or a good web site that people would be looking for Irish Electricians? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank in advance guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

njoe wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    my self and the family are thinking of heading over probably to Calgary or Edmonton im an Electrician she is a hair stylist. Only problem is i don't have job yet is there any one out there that knows some one in a recruiting agency or a good web site that people would be looking for Irish Electricians? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank in advance guys

if you use Facebook have a search for the Irish in Calgary group lots of guys in the building trade on there might be able to give advice on getting your qualifications recognized in Canada

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/f-electrician-jobs-W0QQCatIdZ45QQKeywordZelectricianQQisSearchFormZtrue

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-electrician-jobs-W0QQCatIdZ45QQKeywordZelectricianQQisSearchFormZtrue

What visa are you getting or thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 njoe

Hi sorry it has taken so long to post back.
    we are thinking of the 2 year working visa, one for each of us as we will both have to work. i tried those web sites and applied for quite a few jobs, but they only seem to hire people with the red seal and that's hard to get. It has to be done over there.
    still kinda sitting on the fence as to go or not as i am working full time and other half is three days a week both of us on pretty poor wages though.
    hope i don't get all that ''look to have a job stuff''. Just looking to make a better life.

Advertisement