Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotch Hall lifts

Options
  • 16-10-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Im just wondering if anyone else’s child has got there hand caught in the lift in scotch hall shopping centre? Last week I used the lift and as the lift door was opening my child (2 years old) put her hand flat on the door as I was maneuver the pram to exit the lift. My child’s hand was pulled into the lift door from her fingers to just above her wrist. I had to pull the door open and pull her arm to release the hand. She was shook and was very lucky that no lasting damage was done. It could have been much worse if all her fingers were not flat against the door (she could have lost some fingers). I let the security guard know and to my shock he was aware this was a recurring issue and informed me that there was a sign on the inside of the lift door. I was surprised that this was their only precaution since the danger of dismemberment (as described on the sign) was so high. I would have expected greater precautions being that the risk was a reoccurring one and it could cause dismemberment. At a minimum a safety guard along the door and an verbal announcement in the lift informing people of the danger.

Advertisement