Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any boards.ie ladies shave their face?!

• 16-10-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

My brothers fiance has been encouraging me to try it.. she's been shaving her 'peach fuzz' about once a month since she was 16.. It has never grown back thicker/darker (old wives tail anyway) and her make up goes on so smooth and flawless.
    I have clear skin but I hate the way foundation and powder looks over my white facial hair especially around my mouth.. see Zooey Deschanel's mustache!

http://www.hipstercrite.com/2011/12/14/for-the-love-of-the-lady-mustache/

After googling it the last few days, I see that shaving facial hair seems to be a trick a lot of ladies use.. but not many talk about!

Apparently I should buy a safety razor (petrified of using it though!)

Thoughts ladies?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I don't think shaving is a good idea. If you're self conscious about it, wax it off and eventually it will stop growing back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

No, no, no, no, no, no, no... never, ever, don't do it.

Please, resort to waxing like the other poster said. Shaving = bad idea.

NO!
    Lunaarli wrote: »
    My brothers fiance has been encouraging me to try it.. she's been shaving her 'peach fuzz' about once a month since she was 16.. It has never grown back thicker/darker (old wives tail anyway) and her make up goes on so smooth and flawless.
    I have clear skin but I hate the way foundation and powder looks over my white facial hair especially around my mouth.. see Zooey Deschanel's mustache!

http://www.hipstercrite.com/2011/12/14/for-the-love-of-the-lady-mustache/

After googling it the last few days, I see that shaving facial hair seems to be a trick a lot of ladies use.. but not many talk about!

Apparently I should buy a safety razor (petrified of using it though!)

Thoughts ladies?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You could try threading. I don't think shaving is a good idea.

What's wrong with people shaving? :confused:

We're not talking people, we're talking ladies...

Even men's faces after shaving looks red and irritated.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    What's wrong with people shaving? :confused:

• Advertisement

So what if ladies shave? Is this a "ladies shouldn't shave just torture yourself with wax instead" thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just think that there's a higher chance of ingrown hairs with shaving than there would be with threading, and no one wants that. I wouldn't recommend waxing the face either.

Back up the truck... none of said 'don't shave'. I shave my legs and underarms.

What we DID say was 'don't shave your face'. The skin there is too delicate for it. I hardly think this is cause for feminist descent!
    So what if ladies shave? Is this a "ladies shouldn't shave just torture yourself with wax instead" thing?

Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Back up the truck... none of said 'don't shave'. I shave my legs and underarms.

What we DID say was 'don't shave your face'. The skin there is too delicate for it. I hardly think this is cause for feminist descent!

Yeah, and I asked why. Then I got "ladies shouldn't shave [their faces]".

We're not descending into anywhere. :confused:

If it's ingrown hairs, alright, never heard that before
    wax would do that as well. Threading is an idea, can be hit or miss though from what I hear

Your quote is wrong: ladies shouldn't shave their FACES. You left the last bit out.

And when you asked why we said they shouldn't we've supplied some reasons - as you can see.

Thanks!
    Yeah, and I asked why. Then I got "ladies shouldn't shave".

We're not descending into anywhere. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do what you want with your face, grow a beard and put beads in it if you want. It's your face.

I've known a number of women who shaved bits of their face at some time or another. It's not that unusual in my experience. Some it didn't agree with at all, some were fine with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Floggers

Women :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Oh Gawd no!!!!!!!! Easy for me to say though I don't have problem facialhair(well none thats obvious).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Floggers wrote: »
    Women :rolleyes:

If you don't have anything constructive to add then dob't post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I wouldn't wax the face. The hair on our faces is hormonal and waxing can stimulate dormant hair follicles. Electrolysis is the best bet for peach fuzz. To be honest though a lot of women have this and its perfectly normal, I would leave it be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

jadie wrote: »
    I wouldn't wax the face. The hair on our faces is hormonal and waxing can stimulate dormant hair follicles. Electrolysis is the best bet for peach fuzz. To be honest though a lot of women have this and its perfectly normal, I would leave it be

But electrolysis doesn't work on such fine hairs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Electrolysis works on all type of hair. You would need a highly skilled person doing it of course and a good magnifying mirror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Surely though if it's only to get the fine hairs, shaving wouldn't be too irritating? I think the irritation men sometimes get is more caused by the fact their hair is so coarse and they have to really get in there, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

When I was a teenager, I got really paranoid about facial hair so shaved it a few times. It grew back stubbley and rough, once it had fully grown back it was fine but for about a week/10 days it felt really weird on my face. I then started using wax strips to get rid of it - which solved the problem of the strange texture on my face, it just grew back with the same texture as before. I then moved on to regular wax and to epilation (which is what I do now).

I think shaving results in the hair being harsh as it grows back (not thicker or coarser, just kind of rough). I can't see a big problem with it other than the upkeep of having to do it every few days and having to let it grow back with an odd texture if you choose to change removal method. I personally didn't like shaving my face but it's your face, your choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I think shaving results in the hair being harsh as it grows back (not thicker or coarser, just kind of rough).

I think shaving results in harsh feeling regrowth because of the blunt cut off from the blade.

My sil made a comment on me having some fine hair on the sides of my cheeks, but its not something I ever really noticed or paid attention to before, after she said it I examined my face minutely and realised it was what I have always just accepted as 'normal' fine facial hair. I dont wear foundation or anything on my skin usually so the hairs are not highlighted. My sil is a mouthy horrid individual anyway so Id pay very little attention to anything she says.

Anyway - would I shave it? Well Id certainly try it once to see how it went?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

If it was me I would go down the threading route.

I get my eyebrows threaded and it is much gentler on my skin that waxing.

Try it and see how you go!

Advertisement