Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio Mic frequency help required

• 16-10-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello everyone,

I have 2 RMS2000 radio mic systems operating at the following fixed frequencies:

177.2 mhz
    177.8mhz
    174.5mhz
    175mhz

Does anyone know if these frequencies will still be usable when the frequency regulation changes go through?

I'm wondering if it's worth sticking with them (I would have to buy new mics, aeirials, etc) or investing in 2 Sennheiser G3 systems.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

These are VHF microphones and as far as I know up to 175Mhz is license free in the UK. I'm not too sure about Ireland, it seems to be shared with Shortwave radio!!

As far as I can tell bands that were sold off were UHF and your microphones should remain unaffected. Basically, if they aren't illegal already, they won't be illegal under the new regulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 samtheman73

Hi studiorat

Thank you so much for that. I will stick with them and not look too closely into their legal status :)

Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

I'd be more concerned with reliability seeing as you're in TV, right? VHF is a dangerous area when it comes to interference both from other radio devices and general RFI (radio frequency interference) eg: radar...

Take a look here:
    http://www.sennheiserireland.com/ie/home_en.nsf/root/service_products_sennheiser-wireless-channel

Hope this helps ~

g

Advertisement