Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Waste Thread - MOD WARNING in Post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Tannywanny wrote: »
    Nope in a creche. Do you?

:rolleyes:

Now lets get to the email disclaimer. They say that they are intended for the recipient and if received in error, to inform the sender and delete email. The receiver is perfectly entitled to share the email if he/she does not reveal sensitive information. Clear enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tannywanny

goz83 wrote: »

Now lets get to the email disclaimer. They say that they are intended for the recipient and if received in error, to inform the sender and delete email. The receiver is perfectly entitled to share the email if he/she does not reveal sensitive information. Clear enough?

Does it not mention the contents are not to be shared? I am trying to find an email to see.

Airtricty has a similar message. Only know because it's billing time unfortunately.

Does it not mention the contents are not to be shared? I am trying to find an email to see.

Airtricty has a similar message. Only know because it's billing time unfortunately.

They can put whatever disclaimer they like on the emails, but as long as sensitive information, (names, account info etc) are kept private, their disclaimer is about as water tight as a burning umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Tannywanny

They can put whatever disclaimer they like on the emails, but as long as sensitive information, (names, account info etc) are kept private, their disclaimer is about as water tight as a burning umbrella.

Are these types of messages not their for a reason?
    Looking in my inbox now and they seem to be very popular.

Are these types of messages not their for a reason?
    Looking in my inbox now and they seem to be very popular.

Yes, to encourage delivery errors to be reported and deleted. And to discourage people from sharing conversations on a public forum, which show the company to have been incompetent.

They could include a section that says the recipient must delete the email within 2 minutes of opening it, or pay a €100 fine for every minute after. Doesn't mean emails would be deleted, or that money would flow into the senders account, unless they claim to be the executor of the will of the late Prince Mugabi. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Mode note: temporarily closed pending review.

Reopened.

The disclaimer isn't really the issue, but some of the content of the quoted post (deleted) has potential issues which are better avoided.

I remind all posters of the Mod Warning in the OP:

Please ensure that discussion of this topic sticks to the facts. Please link to a reputable source where possible.
    Any potentially libellous or defamatory posts will result in a ban without prior warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thehamok

Just an update regarding weights of my black bins over a period of 5 collections. To start with I queried the weight of a bin prior to me weighing the contents and I was told that Greyhound weights are correct.
    I started weighing the contents of my black bin prior to a collection on May 21st. last. I used one of those scale you use for weighing luggage before you go to the airport.
    21st May my weight showed 1.56kg and Greyhound showed 3.00kg.
    4th. June my weight showed 12.38kg and Greyhound showed 16.50kg
    18th June my weight showed 11.00kg and Greyhound showed 14.00kg
    I continued reporting these differences to Greyhound after each lift with the same reply from them i.e. their weights were correct.
    I then got in touch with Weights and Measures but haven't received any information back.
    I continued weighing the rubbish as follows.
    2nd. July my weight showed 6.22kg and Greyhound showed 6.50kg
    16th. July my weight showed 3.34kg and Greyhound showed 3.50kg.

You'll see that the last two were just about right allowing for rounding up to the nearest .5 of a kg.

I find that interesting and I'm putting it down to complaining to Greyhound.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bins uncollected (Thursday) in a street off the North Strand. Soaked overnight and festering in the sun now. Sometimes I think they just ignore smaller streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

We haven't had our bins collected for three weeks.

It's beginning to smell like Napoli here.

Isn't privatisation great.

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

I'm not with greyhound thankfully but this is the second day that the bins have not been collected, D7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Terrible terrible service. It used to be a lottery with our bins whether they'll be collected or not.

Now, now it's been 7 weeks without anything being picked up. We've had generations of maggots come and go at this stage.

Countless back and forth via email/calls, it's just ridiculous. D4 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

The so called "peaceful protestors" are certainly having an effect on collections this week. I see on their facebook page that there was a serious attack on a driver in Finglas which has meant they had to abandon collection.

I haven't seen any coverage of the strikers condemning the attacks, so I have no sympathy for them.

Green bins are still out here in Ashtown, but I can't expect crews to put their safety at risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

fiacha wrote: »
    The so called "peaceful protestors" are certainly having an effect on collections this week. I see on their facebook page that there was a serious attack on a driver in Finglas which has meant they had to abandon collection.

I haven't seen any coverage of the strikers condemning the attacks, so I have no sympathy for them.

Green bins are still out here in Ashtown, but I can't expect crews to put their safety at risk.

Same area I'm talking about, so the residents have to put them out then every night bring them back in after 12am, pain in the arse, change to the red bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Just checked my online account in order to put some money on it, and idly looked through the collection history. On several occasions, the bin was recorded as 0kg - and I was charged for it! Obviously there was nothing in the bin, and I cannot think why it was out (it wouldn't have been - I never put them out till they are full -except the brown bin in summer due to stink).

Check your accounts regularly!

I'm totally fed up with this unethical company. There's inept and there's unethical - and they are both.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Long Lane, D8
    Bag not collected because it was over 15 kg (no sticker put on the bag to say overweight or anything, had to phone them and you all know what that is like), weighed it before putting it out and granted it was 100g over the weight (even Ryanair are not this uptight about a few grams) but there is about 12 other bags with greyhound stickers on the street that were ignored and about 7 red recycling bags that were left.
    Does anyone know any other bin companies that do this area, tried KeyWaste and they said they are stopping their domestic service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Moved to citi bins, a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SURFMERCHANT DIGITAL

Have all waste collection providers ceased taking new domestic accounts for the Dublin 2 (leeson st/Adelaide rd) area? I've enquired exhaustively to all companies listed on Dublin City council website and yet to find a bin collection service

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Anyone know where I can buy Greyhound Recycling Bags in the city centre? At my wit's end trying to get rid of our recycling. Nowhere seems to have the bags. I rang greyhound and they told me to just consult the list of shops on their site - none of which have them!

dregin wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy Greyhound Recycling Bags in the city centre? At my wit's end trying to get rid of our recycling. Nowhere seems to have the bags. I rang greyhound and they told me to just consult the list of shops on their site - none of which have them!

Are they out of stock, or do the listed shops not sell them anymore? That would drive me nuts.

Are they out of stock, or do the listed shops not sell them anymore? That would drive me nuts.

I went to all the shops on Talbot street that are listed and none of them had them. Supervalu told me that they'd tried to get more in, but couldn't. The person I spoke to didn't know what the problem actually was with getting em.

• Advertisement

FFS, don't tell me that's the next thing for us to worry about.

What a shambles.

Finally got the bags in Desmonds on Talbot Street.

Just got home to find they've not bothered collecting regular waste bags from our estate. Anyone know what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Same as every week
    When they say your collection day is Tuesday they actually mean they'll 'choose a day'

They took the recycling, though. I've not known thia to happen before. Headmelt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

fritzelly wrote: »
    Same as every week
    When they say your collection day is Tuesday they actually mean they'll 'choose a day'

And if there's a problem it's 'three working days' to sort it out, which is practically the next due collection day anyway.

Unbelievable company - please someone tell me there is a date by which the City Council have to review their waste arrangements and we can get rid of this shower?

dregin wrote: »
    Just got home to find they've not bothered collecting regular waste bags from our estate. Anyone know what's going on?

Same as us.

They should change their name to Groundhog Day Waste.

Same shite over and over, for the past two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

They stopped collecting wheelie bins from our area without any notice/warning. Had to call them to see what was up.
    So have to return my bins and revert back to using bags at €3 per bag. Way more expensive than the wheelie bins were working out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

anyone know why my account was €15.50 in arrears when I haven't had a bin collected yet?

I bought tags in the shop before I signed up so have been using them for the meantime so's not to waste them,

so I haven't actually had a collection yet technically and they said there was no charge for the bins themselves,

I wouldn't mind if there was a one off charge at the start just once I was informed of it,

gonna ring them tomorrow but just wondering if anyone here has had a similar experience before I do

• Registered Users Posts: 30,082 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Usually about this time I get a letter from Greyhound advising on payment plans for the following year. Haven't received anything so far. Has anyone else received a renewal letter?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Usually about this time I get a letter from Greyhound advising on payment plans for the following year. Haven't received anything so far. Has anyone else received a renewal letter?

Neighbour got hers. We didn't.
    I called them for her, changed her plan and saved €60.

Advertisement