Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84x from greystones - how long is journey.

Options
  • 16-10-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I didn't want to hijack Blingy's thread so started a new one.

I didn't even know there was an 84 bus til I saw that thread, we're new to Charlesland!

I was wondering if anyone that gets the 84x bus could tell me how long it takes from Greystones to stop 909, Lower Lesson Street - Adelaide Road.

I've to be at Adelaide Road for 8.45 am Mon to Fri.
    Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Depends on traffic/weather but I'd give it an hour to be certain of making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

ellejay wrote: »
    Hi All

I didn't even know there was an 84 bus til I saw that thread, we're new to Charlesland!

I was wondering if anyone that gets the 84x bus could tell me how long it takes from Greystones to stop 909, Lower Lesson Street - Adelaide Road.

Any help appreciated!

The 7.50am bus used to get me to Stephens Green just before 9am, but during reasonably bad traffic (Tuesday is quite busy for some reason) it could be a bit after. The earlier buses can make it in to town in 40 minutes. To get to lower Leeson st at 8.40 (giving yourself 5 mins to get to your destination!) I'd make sure to give it an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

ellejay wrote: »
    Hi All

Any help appreciated!

The timetable says charlesland at

06:45
    07:05
    07:15
    07:25
    07:35
    07:45
    07:55

If I was you I would be getting the 7.25

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Is that timetable not 5 minutes out though? Certainly when I was getting the bus from Charlesland, I was going to the bus stop for just before 7.40 which is when the bus arrived.

Not that I am quibbling over 5 minutes of course ;)

OP, I used to do the exact same run as you and always got the 7.35 / 7.40 bus which would get me in to work before 9am 9/10 times. This included a ten minute walk from the bus stop. There will always be some days that you get stuck in traffic :)

As mango said, 7.25 to be sure 7.35 if you feel like a ten minute lie in and don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Roughly an hour :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi All

Thanks so much for all your replies, it was a great help.

Advertisement