Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What laser printer for small office?

Options
  • 16-10-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Black and white only, must be sturdy and networked (ethernet)

Must be suitable for office use (about 10,000 pages per year)

Price shipped to Ireland below €200

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have a look at the samsung B&W printers

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Any particular model you recommend? Any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Firblog

Wouldn't touch Samsung.. any I've seen have had expensive toner

Hunt office have a few

http://www.huntoffice.ie/mono-laser-printer.html?1155_0=&1401_0=

OKI very reliable, but toner may be a bit expensive, Canon & Brother are good too, Brother one has compatible toner available.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That entry level OKI network printer would do. It's €149 shipped from there. Found it for £99.99 shipped on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

There's little to distinguish between the various brands and models of mono laser printers. It really comes down to price, availability and toner costs.

Whatever printer you're looking at, just make sure that you work out the consumables cost per page. Use high-capacity compatible toner from a reputable toner supplier and don't forget to add in something per page for the drum if that needs to be replaced occasionally. You should be able to get below 1.5c per page which would be €150 for your 10k pages per annum

The only brand I avoid is HP because of their ocasionally terrible drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I have a HP3800 & 3600 here and I find them very reliable printers, the 3800 is on 150 thousand pages + and is still printing like a little trooper.

Big Lar wrote: »
    I have a HP3800 & 3600 here and I find them very reliable printers, the 3800 is on 150 thousand pages + and is still printing like a little trooper.

Yep I'd agree that HP make a lot of very good printers - it's the HP software & drivers that can let them down and cause crashes and problems with programs like Outlook, Excel etc.. If you're ever unfortunate enough to have these problems, you'll see that you are not alone but that HP just won't fix the drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Firblog

bhickey wrote: »
    it's the HP software & drivers that can let them down and cause crashes and problems with programs like Outlook, Excel etc...

The feckers.... Outlook been crashing all week... Bet its the hp shoite wot did it :mad:

Firblog wrote: »
    The feckers.... Outlook been crashing all week... Bet its the hp shoite wot did it :mad:

Usually when I've seen this problem with MS Office applications, it's when the HP is set as the default printer. Changing the default printer to any non-HP printer seems to fix it.

Advertisement