Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

door2door distributors?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

We have thread titles with a 1 for one and 2 for to today - could we get a 3 for three or even tree?

Be class to have the full txt speak hat trick on the same day.

Door2Door are actually called Door2Door.

http://www.door2door.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I delivered 5,000 newspapers + flyers every week for about 3 years in my youth.
    I'd get €350 for the paper + €150 for every extra flyer, some weeks you'd get €600+ cash in hand on top of what I was already earning in my 9 to 5.
    I actually only delivered 2,000 & stuck about 800 into Dunnes & Tescos.
    I'd go out 4 nights a week, do about 500 a night, pick all the estates with no walls between houses.
    The remainder I'd dump up in Smurfits every month or so for free, god bless the celtic tiger days.
    I used have a metal biscuit tin full of money that I'd lodge in the Credit Union when it was full.

Different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭fupduck

Having dealt with this company, I can categorically agree with everything that CianRyan has said. You will be a contractor, and therefore responsible for your own tax matters . You will also have a GPS tracker for your route. If you have a gap, be prepared to go back, or not get paid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

sorry lads just wondering did anyone add city post to their cv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I did yeah, doesn't seem to add a lot though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Those leaflet jobs are always ****. I thought I was on to something once, got one that paid minimum wage, was going to do it and 4 other ones at the same time. Unfortunately the ****e money I wanted from each of them was too much! I was only asking for £25 for 6 hours work!!

Even if you're on the dole you can get something else cash in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

CianRyan wrote: »
    On an average day we were taking on about three loads of about 6-700 books at a time, this was in the back of a transit and white that weight onboard you're absolutely burning fuel, we were lucky to see €50 do us the day.
    There's no use in taking smaller loads either seeing as you'll be going back and forth all day and you can't guarantee how close you'll be to the collection point or who else will be in to take as many books as they can.

Also worth noting, if you're going to do it, which I still don't recommend, get some fliers and local supervalue, centra, etc junk mail to throw in with the books. It's an extra pain but it'll add a bit onto your cheque.
    You'll be given trolleys to carry your books, no other way really. Good luck fitting those in an empty car never mind having a car full of phone books.

How many journeys and how long were you driving for, for it to cost 50 a day if you don't mind me asking? seems a little much for hauling, that... considering its a desil and sesigned for carrying weight!
    How ever the job in the middle of the summer when its warm :D tunes and you've got hug estates I really enjoyed Ipod on a away id go over load the trolly as mush as possible and just work away comfy pair of runners :D music/ spliff happy days...

Tax what tax :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭fupduck

Snowie wrote: »
    How many journeys and how long were you driving for, for it to cost 50 a day if you don't mind me asking? seems a little much for hauling, that... considering its a desil and sesigned for carrying weight!
    How ever the job in the middle of the summer when its warm :D tunes and you've got hug estates I really enjoyed Ipod on a away id go over load the trolly as mush as possible and just work away comfy pair of runners :D music/ spliff happy days...

Tax what tax :D

You are hired as a self employed distributor, therefore liable for making your own tax returns
    you will not be an employee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

One thing to note is that you will need business motor insurance if you are carrying stock otherwishe you won't be insured if stopped by the Garda or if you have an accident.

Business insurance increases your premium by a large amount

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

laurpat wrote: »
    One thing to note is that you will need business motor insurance if you are carrying stock otherwishe you won't be insured if stopped by the Garda or if you have an accident.

Business insurance increases your premium by a large amount

just say the books are for personal use ;-)

Advertisement