Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changes to IEC 2013 , 2nd year question

Options
  • 16-10-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Im currently in Canada and loving it here .The country is booming.

Im on my first IEC 12month visa with the full intention of staying for 2nd year and beyond .
    Does anyone know with the new changes to the IEC announced recently . ie the visa validity changing from the current 12months to automatically becoming 24months

will my 2nd year visa give me a further 24months ? giving me 3 years IEC ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

rusheen wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im on my first IEC 12month visa with the full intention of staying for 2nd year and beyond .
    Does anyone know with the new changes to the IEC announced recently . ie the visa validity changing from the current 12months to automatically becoming 24months

I think you will have to wait until they update their website with the intricate details. All your gonna get is opinions and speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

no, i think it's only for new entrants.

You will still be entitled to a one year visa

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

rusheen wrote: »
    Hi all,

Safest bet is to wait for the new details to be released. Anything else is educated guessworkThere are other options to stay in Canada besides the IEC why not look into them?

Jonty wrote: »
    no, i think it's only for new entrants.

You will still be entitled to a one year visa

Every1 is a new entrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 njoe

my self and the family are thinking of heading over not too sure where to yet. Any pointers? I'm an Electrician she is a hair stylist and a 4 year old son also. Only problem is i don't have job yet is there any one out there that knows some one in a recruiting agency or a good web site that people would be looking for Irish Electricians? What is the first step i have to take? Thanks in advance guys. Any help would be great.

• Advertisement

njoe wrote: »
    my self and the family are thinking of heading over not too sure where to yet. Any pointers? I'm an Electrician she is a hair stylist and a 4 year old son also. Only problem is i don't have job yet is there any one out there that knows some one in a recruiting agency or a good web site that people would be looking for Irish Electricians? What is the first step i have to take? Thanks in advance guys. Any help would be great.

Craigslist is probily the best website for trades. In B.C anyway. If you want to work in resources or the industrial side of things I imagine the working abroad expos in Ireland over the las few months have a lot of info on that. I would look into getting your trade recognised ASAP. I don't know anything about it but know that in Australia it's a huge expense and a lot of hassle.

Advertisement