Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English? :/

• 16-10-2012 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Would anyone say it's possible to do well in English externally? I'm a bit reluctant to take it up, seeing as I wouldn't be sure of good/bad essays etc. I've actually studied the comparatives in the Key Notes books, half of the poets, it's just the Single Text and Paper 1 I'm more worried about...

Or, would it probably be more at my advantage to study a subject like economics or business, something straightforward like that, where it's not really subjunctive and has only one right answer? :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

If you're teaching yourself at home, I would definitely say a theory based subject like Economics would be easier to get your 100 points (or whatever it is you want) in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Yep, teaching myself at home. And as I thought, economics would probably make more sense to study..

Much appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mick! 1234

. . . . . where it's not really subjunctive and has only one right answer? :/

do you not mean 'subjective'?!! Yea I'd say go for economics sooo. . . . :p. No offence! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Subjective yes, sorrryyyy! And no, I did pretty well first time in English, but course no offence taken. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Do economics, its easier to learn off all the information and get a good mark. English you can't do that, you need to know the deeper meaning :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement