Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Announce Event For October 23rd (iPad Mini Announcement))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

DubDJ wrote: »
    Apple store is back up..... slightly redesigned. Apple iPad Mini ....... €339. :O I was close on my €350 estimate.

Save quite a few quid bringing one in from states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

At that price the comparisons with the Nexus 7 are far from favorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Anything about when iTunes will upgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anything about when iTunes will upgrade?

Nope. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

are those prices right?

The ipad 4 or whatever is called says prices staring at 509 euros. Was the 3rd gen ipad that dear for the basic model?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would you switch to Android now which will cost you more money when you can just ignore today's announcement as your iPad 3 still works and would have been replace next year by Apple anyway?

Because I don't like my iPad 3 - it's way too heavy, takes too long to charge, I love IOS so was hoping the mini would be reasonably priced and could pick one up as a second tablet as the iPad is in use by the kids all of the time.

I can't over look the massive price gulf between the Nexus 7 and mini.

I'm more annoyed that the iPad 3 wasn't much of an improvement (IMO is was a major step backwards) over the iPad 2, more than being annoyed that it's being replaced already - if you know what I mean.

In other words if I was happy with it I wouldn't be interested in replacing it at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DubDJ wrote: »
    Apple store is back up..... slightly redesigned. Apple iPad Mini ....... €339. :O I was close on my €350 estimate.

Slightly higher than I would of liked. €299 and it would of sold like a hot snot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Really like the look of the new iMac but I have to ask why? Seriously, what's the benefit to the user. It looks great but I'd rather them not have to compromise on internals for the sake of aesthetics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

339 is absolutely ridiculous. They missed a trick here.

Would have bought an iPad mini if they were around the 200 - 250 mark. At 339, not a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No iTunes 11. Guess it's just going to show up on the App Store update list some day next week.

Don't like iPad mini. It would NEED a Retina Display to be worthwhile. My iPad 3 is still a great device.

Overall, nothing that interests me for now.

(Also, iPad has increased in price by €30.)

• Advertisement

Teferi wrote: »
    339 is absolutely ridiculous. They missed a trick here.

Would have bought an iPad mini if they were around the 200 - 250 mark. At 339, not a chance.

I would of never expected it that cheap tbh.
    I am saving for an iPad for after Xmas and was dead against a mini version but after seeing it I think it could be big enough although I agree about the price. €299 would of sealed the deal for me.

Realistically, the nexus 7 is the rival to it , how much is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is the spec of the Ipad mini pretty much the same as the Ipad 2? If so, wouldn't it be better paying the extra €60 and get one of them instead?

Also annoyed they were comparing the the iPad against the Nexus. It felt a bit cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

kceire wrote: »

€249

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

Is it me or has the Apple website taken (or the store bit) taken away the iPad 3?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I was hoping for a €250 entry level iPad mini but would have stretched it to €280

How can you justify €339 for the entry level?

$1 does not = €1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Willbbz wrote: »
    How can you justify €339 for the entry level?

$1 does not = €1

They don't include sales tax (VAT) in the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

Since the mini is the same specs as the iPad 2, does this mean the iPad 2 will be supported for longer since they'll have to support the mini for a good while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm not normally one to moan about the Apple exchange rate, but that is ridiculous. Was totally sold at 250-280e, but 340e is far too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Impressed by the products, however I'm not impressed with price increases on the Irish Apple Store. €339 for the iPad Mini is a bit too high, should have been a max of €300. The Mac Mini has increased in price by €50, that is on my shopping list a while to replace my Mid 2007 iMac, so I'm a bit miffed with that. iPad 4 and iMac take a slight price increase too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

They don't include sales tax (VAT) in the price.

even converting the dollar price into euros and then adding vat comes in a 30+ euros cheaper than the prices they have advertised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

hada wrote: »
    Is it me or has the Apple website taken (or the store bit) taken away the iPad 3?!

It has indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Wonder will the Nexus drop as per the rumors. Its selling well as it is, wonder will the Mini take many customers away from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

For a company that always prides itself on ease of use etc, a new customer shopping for an iPad is going to be mighty confused when they see

iPad with Retina Display
    iPad 2
    and iPad mini

Right next to each other on the store. Starting to get like Nokia with their multiple versions of the same product, I hope they don't dilute things any further.

kceire wrote: »
    I would of never expected it that cheap tbh.
    I am saving for an iPad for after Xmas and was dead against a mini version but after seeing it I think it could be big enough although I agree about the price. €299 would of sealed the deal for me.

Genuinely thought they would price it the same as the Nexus to directly compete. Disappointed tbh.

€249

So it's a nice jump up alright. Hard to justify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Pretty sure the nexus was 239 in hmv at launch. Don't see many extra features on the iPad mini to justify the extra 100 quid

funkyflea wrote: »
    For a company that always prides itself on ease of use etc, a new customer shopping for an iPad is going to be mighty confused when they see

iPad with Retina Display
    iPad 2
    and iPad mini

Right next to each other on the store. Starting to get like Nokia with their multiple versions of the same product, I hope they don't dilute things any further.

Never mind the new customer, I'm confused!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

Teferi wrote: »
    Genuinely thought they would price it the same as the Nexus to directly compete. Disappointed tbh.

They want to keep that 'premium' brand cachet so they keep the price higher. This tactic has not let them down, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Could I use a us mail forwarding company to get it cheaper?

Advertisement