Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man fined £355 for throwing 1/2 pint of beer over a noisy baby's head.

• 16-10-2012 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

This guy certainly didn't take to a screaming baby when he was having his lunch. He had the right name, :p

Grandfather Danny Polak snapped when 15-month-old Finlay White would not stop grizzling. When Finlay’s mother Rachel Atkin confronted him he kicked her up the backside, a court heard.

The row started when Ms Atkin ordered food at the bar of the Ernehale pub in Arnold, Nottinghamshire. She and her sister-in-law had been sitting near Polak and his wife. The elderly couple were angry that she had left Finlay. ‘It was then that Finlay started to whine as though he was missing his mother,’ said Catherine Picardo, prosecuting.

‘The defendant, with a half-full pint in his hand, approached the table and poured it over the baby’s head, which caused him to scream.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/915132-man-fined-355-for-throwing-beer-over-toddler-s-head

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I like this guy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Children shouldn't be allowed out in public. End of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Children shouldn't be allowed out in public. End of.

I suppose you were never a child?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Ah, at least he got up and did something about it! Parents that don't do anything about their annoying screaming children deserve a nice, square kick in the arse to spark some parenting skills into them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

When Finlay’s mother Rachel Atkin confronted him he kicked her up the backside

I love this man. The pub should've had a whipround for him.

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »

Nobody ever saw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Awful waste of half a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

bad but at same time oh so good :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Why had she left her kid alone in a pub?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

WTF is grizzling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

I'd kick the **** out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Why throw the pint over a 15 month old defenceless child? What did he hope to gain from that? Old bastard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Chucken wrote: »

Nope, not once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

fedor.2. wrote: »
    I'd kick the **** out of him.
    The baby or your man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Eq0VO.jpg

(Only kidding, throwing beer on babies is terrible)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

How will he be able to live with himself if this child turns out to become an alcoholic, yes he deserves to be hit around the head many times with a towel nappy full of this child's waste fluids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Kids shouldn't be in pubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

TBH, as much as whinging babies that parent ignore annoy me, dumping 284ml's of beer over a childs head won't do anyone any good.

Kicking the mother up the arse? Assault.

Seriously, RTTH, do you just look for ****e in newspapers to post all day long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How does one grizzle?

• Advertisement

She threw her drink back at him, should she also not face assault charges?

and she probably needed a kick up the ar$e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Danny Polak: What are you staring at, ****er? You wanna start me up? Just open the choke and pull the cord, pal. I'm due for a seismic event and you're dancing on the fault line.
    Kid's Mother: [the mother stands and approaches] Hey, what is your problem, pal?
    Danny Polak: I got no beef with you. This is between me and the kid.

For some reason I imagine it playing out like that legendary scene from Me, Myself and Irene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Fantastic news.

No one needs to hear or see a shower of ugly, snot nosed toddlers and children screaming and running about a place for adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Seriously, RTTH, do you just look for ****e in newspapers to post all day long?
    This is worth a discussion.

Screaming babies have no place in any pub day or night.

For the child's sake and for those that have paid for the privilege of having a bit of peace and quite.

If you want to bring a child out for a meal drink, you take them to a McDonalds.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Fantastic news.

No one needs to hear or see a shower of ugly, snot nosed toddlers and children screaming and running about a place for adults.

Are they Irish?

'It took place in a family pub where children are entitled to be.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

But what about between the 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

People don't seem to know the difference between screaming/crying and grizzling.
    I agree the child shouldn't have been left alone but the guy was some sort of c**t to throw a beer over a toddler.
    Then again, I'd never be in this position because I never leave my child unattended.

Culleeo wrote: »
    Why throw the pint over a 15 month old defenceless child? What did he hope to gain from that? Old bastard.

I agree with that and it was way too far, but some parents are so lax about their children screaming the place down to the ground and do nothing about it.

In fairness, a little haste is ok once the parents settle them down, but if they run riot and are as bold as brass, you have to think of other people and their enjoyment in the pub as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

When Finlay’s mother Rachel Atkin confronted him he kicked her up the backside

Eh? Did she confront him backwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

For the child's sake and for those that have paid for the privilege of having a bit of peace and quite.

If you want to bring a child out for a meal drink, you take them to a McDonalds.

parents also paid for the privilege to eat and drink , not to have a child assaulted - if it was my child - i would have stuck the glass down his throat

and in fairness RTDH - usual sh1t from you - do you think before you post ? ever ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Fella wants his head kicked in, obviously. Bullying c*nt.

Nope, not once.

You're mod of call of duty.. I'd say you have to be a kid to fit in and play that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

We're not allowed say it, but if I had been that baby I'd have blasted the cranky old bastid with a faceful of my own special brew!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

So glad I dont live in Ireland anymore. What a horrible, miserable lot you are. What that piece of dog excrement did to that innocent child is a terrible thing to do to a defenseless toddler. Deserves a week in the clink if you ask me. And people that have kids have as much right to enjoy the pub on a Sunday afternoon for a carvery as much as the bunch of miserable arses who nobody would ever have children with do :P

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Seriously a bit of peace and quiet, if that's what your after I'd stay at home

If that was my child your man would get worse than a kick up the arse, grumpy old....

• Advertisement

Boombastic wrote: »
    Are they Irish?

'It took place in a family pub where children are entitled to be.'

We're looking at different links my friend. No mention of a "family pub" in the OP's link.

They're not irish. It took place in an english pub.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

This guy certainly didn't take to a screaming baby when he was having his lunch. He had the right name, :p

Grandfather Danny Polak snapped when 15-month-old Finlay White would not stop grizzling. When Finlay’s mother Rachel Atkin confronted him he kicked her up the backside, a court heard.

The row started when Ms Atkin ordered food at the bar of the Ernehale pub in Arnold, Nottinghamshire. She and her sister-in-law had been sitting near Polak and his wife. The elderly couple were angry that she had left Finlay. ‘It was then that Finlay started to whine as though he was missing his mother,’ said Catherine Picardo, prosecuting.

‘The defendant, with a half-full pint in his hand, approached the table and poured it over the baby’s head, which caused him to scream.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/915132-man-fined-355-for-throwing-beer-over-toddler-s-head

" I dont believe it!!!!!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

dj jarvis wrote: »
    parents also paid for the privilege to eat and drink , not to have a child assaulted - if it was my child - i would have stuck the glass down his throat

X number of people in that pub paid for their drink and food in a pub where there is a reasonable presumption that there will not be kids. While I don't agree with what he did, the kid should not have been there in the first place. Bad parenting. Plenty of family friendly places to get food, pubs are for adults.

We're looking at different links my friend. No mention of a "family pub" in the OP's link.

They're not irish. It took place in an english pub.:confused:

I know it's a different link to the same story:pac:

Andy!! wrote: »
    So glad I dont live in Ireland anymore. What a horrible, miserable lot you are. What that piece of dog excrement did to that innocent child is a terrible thing to do to a defenseless toddler. Deserves a week in the clink if you ask me. And people that have kids have as much right to enjoy the pub on a Sunday afternoon for a carvery as much as the bunch of miserable arses who nobody would ever have children with do :P

Ah bless. A mick hating sap. Or a disgruntled ex-pat with no friends.

Tell me this, do you like to bring your rowdy, boisterous kids to a pub and f*ck up everyone else's relaxing peace and quiet on a sunday afternoon ? :)

• Advertisement

X number of people in that pub paid for their drink and food in a pub where there is a reasonable presumption that there will not be kids. While I don't agree with what he did, the kid should not have been there in the first place. Bad parenting. Plenty of family friendly places to get food, pubs are for adults.

I don't necessarily agree, with the last bit I mean. There are definitely more family friendly places than a pub, but I'd be alright with children there to eat or whatever. BUT, I'd have a near zero tolerance level for bad behaviour considering it is a place for adults primarily and there are far more suitable places to go for families.

Tell me this, do you like to bring your rowdy, boisterous kids to a pub and f*ck up everyone else's relaxing peace and quiet on a sunday afternoon ? :)

I bring mine to the lap dancing club, followed by a nightclub:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

1ZRed wrote: »
    I don't necessarily agree, with the last bit I mean. There are definitely more family friendly places than a pub, but I'd be alright with children there to eat or whatever. BUT, I'd have a near zero tolerance level for bad behaviour considering it is a place for adults primarily and there are far more suitable places to go for families.

A little 15 month old baby being a bit upset is hardly "bad behaviour".

I dont know how the rest of the world copes at all. Its common practice to bring children to resturants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

dj jarvis wrote: »

and in fairness RTDH - usual sh1t from you - do you think before you post ? ever ?
    Yes they paid for the privilege to eat and drink but not to take over the whole pub with noise.

If they didn't have the child present with them this would not have happened.

How many pubs have baby changing facilities?

How many pubs have strapped in high chairs to cater for children?

The above explains it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I can't believe so many posts on this thread commending a guy for assaulting a baby. You are as bad as him condoning child abuse.

I dont have children. If I did have some one day I would not lose the right to go to the pub (in the middle of the afternoon, at a pub that sells food, no less).

And Im not really sure where you get your aspersions from. I got out, why would I be disgruntled? I dont live in a borderline 3rd world country anymore ;) And there is a sizeable ex-pat community here too, who are also 'gruntled' to be out, not to mention the locals I know... do you think all expats are friendless and dont leave their house or something? People make new friends you know ;) Just cause you have been and always will be spending your days getting drunk in the same pub with people you went to primary school with doesnt mean there arent others in life who want something more for themselves ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

woodoo wrote: »
    I can't believe so many posts on this thread commending a guy for assaulting a baby. You are as bad as him condoning child abuse.

Well I wager the fact his ma left him there doesn't make her any better than the man.

Andy!! wrote: »
    I dont have children. If I did have some one day I would not lose the right to go to the pub (in the middle of the afternoon, at a pub that sells food, no less).

And Im not really sure where you get your aspersions from. I got out, why would I be disgruntled? I dont live in a borderline 3rd world country anymore ;) And there is a sizeable ex-pat community here too, who are also 'gruntled' to be out, not to mention the locals I know... do you think all expats are friendless and dont leave their house or something? People make new friends you know ;) Just cause you have been and always will be spending your days getting drunk in the same pub with people you went to primary school with doesnt mean there arent others in life who want something more for themselves ;)

Just make sure you sit in the beer garden with the nipper

there is a reasonable presumption that there will not be kids.

On a Sunday, in the middle of a day, at a carvery? I wouldnt call that a reasonable presumption, I would call that delusion.

Boombastic wrote: »

Just make sure you sit in the beer garden with the nipper

In the cold, around all the smokers? Why? You think noise gets sucked into the air faster than it takes to hear it? We arent in space mate. What you are talking about is segregation. Id rather we segregated the miserable aul ****es than families trying to relax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement