Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender - BBC1 10.35 tonight

Options
  • 16-10-2012 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if Norn Iron have it at the same time.

Freddie Mercury: The Great Pretender - An Imagine Special

Profile of the flamboyant Queen frontman, exploring his time away from the band - including a collaboration with Michael Jackson and the triumphant Barcelona duet with Montserrat Caballe. The programme also examines his life as a gay man who was not yet publicly out. Featuring rare archive footage and interviews with bandmates Brian May and Roger Taylor, as well as friends and admirers including Paul Gambaccini, Montserrat Caballe and Matt Lucas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,499 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Will watch this. One of the true greats. Underappreciated when alive. Only after death did people really realise what a talent the man was!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭vrobot

What a class documentary. He really was unique!

I'd advise people to try and catch it again if it comes around.

vrobot wrote: »
    What a class documentary. He really was unique!

I'd advise people to try and catch it again if it comes around.

Yes, I enjoyed it. Lot of stuff I had seen before but plenty of new stuff too. He was a born entertainer. An actor. He said it himself. He was so at ease when in front of big audiences. On stage I cannot think of anyone who was so in tune with an audience. And what a powerful stadium voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,737 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Great documentary...without sounding corny, Freddie was an inspiration in how to live your live - no regrets, live for the moment, don't look back, don't give a f*ck about what anyone thinks about you.

And yes, Paul Daniels is a dick! :D

Great documentary...without sounding corny, Freddie was an inspiration in how to live your live - no regrets, live for the moment, don't look back, don't give a f*ck about what anyone thinks about you.

Daniels was a complete ass in that clip. Couldn't muster up a single nice thing to say. Even lie if you have to. You could see Roger's fury as Daniels spoke. Roger taking the glass of water and drinking from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Freddie was a legend, he fulfilled what he said he'd become. Imo his life story was epic and he improved the world by writing amazing songs and putting on incredible shows. As Rodger Taylor points out he was an incredible musician.

In relation to Paul Daniels, yep complete dick who puts out sh1tty bottom of the barrel showbiz entertainment, he's even quoted on wiki as saying that he doesn't feel much sympathy for the homeless, nice one, not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I really enjoyed that documentary. Freddie was (and remains) a legend. Whether on stage or being interviewed, his charisma was irresistible. Much loved and missed.

Advertisement