Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap plain tops and cardigans?

• 16-10-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I am just looking basic long sleeve tops and the odd cardigan to wear for work. I'm looking at the Forever 21 website, they have the perfect tops I am looking for at £5 each, and a nice cardigan I think it is £12. Does that sound cheap or could I get them for even less elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Take a look in Penneys/primark. They have lovely stuff and are quite cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 coolgal52

penneys or new look or even Dunnes. Zara also have good value tops/jumpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 farreJ

coolgal52 wrote: »
    Zara also have good value tops/jumpers.

Is it just me or has the quality of some Zara stuff declined lately? I've had to return a couple of things after zips broke or seams tore (and no, I'm not just squeezing into sizes that are too small ;) )

Cheap tops and cardis, you can't go wrong with Penneys. Forever 21 stuff is nice too though and very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

I'd usually go for h&m for basics. Penneys is also great but you find half the office has the same clothes. New look are also cheap but quality isn't the best sometimes.

Forever 21 is another great one for cheap basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Penneys is also great but you find half the office has the same clothes.

There are only four people including myself in our office, so I'm not too worried about that, lol!

Thanks everyone, I think I might take a race up to Primark at the weekend then (though I think Pennys is way better, some people say they are the same, but they are definitely not to me).

New Look is ok, I used to work there but I don't think their stuff is cheap at all.

I like the things in Forever 21 but since I will be ordering online I am a bit wary of sizes as I have been caught out of there before. I'm usually a small, and a small is very small out of in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Dunnes and Tesco have nice staples - tops, cardigans etc. - and they are at a good price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

There are only four people including myself in our office, so I'm not too worried about that, lol!

Thanks everyone, I think I might take a race up to Primark at the weekend then (though I think Pennys is way better, some people say they are the same, but they are definitely not to me).

New Look is ok, I used to work there but I don't think their stuff is cheap at all.

I like the things in Forever 21 but since I will be ordering online I am a bit wary of sizes as I have been caught out of there before. I'm usually a small, and a small is very small out of in there!

Because forever 21 is aimed at a younger market the sizes are quite small. Penneys sizes are usually ok in tops. Jeans can be a different story! Sometimes they are huge and sometimes tiny :)

Advertisement