Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serbia V England U21

• 16-10-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭

Just listening to the Radio here and it has said lots of trouble at the end of the game with Danny Rose exchanging words with the Serb fans.

Fights breaking out between management and all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Was watching the match, it was an absolute freak show.

Tom Ince set up Conor Wickham for an empty net tap in in the 94th min (Serbian keeper was up for a corner) and England won 2-0 on agg. The Serbian fans started hurling missiles at the celebrating players.

The final whistle blew and the next shot we saw was Serbian subs swinging punches and kicks at the English players, Danny rose was very wound up and made it clear that he was being racially abused, but from what I could see there were a number of Serbian players, both subs and players who were running around swiping at the English players and staff. Most of the English lads were trying to get out of there, but a few of the coaching staff were having a full on scrap with Serbian officials. It was mental.

Honestly, it looked like the Serbian subs who started it but I'm not sure. Most of the Serbian guys on the pitch had dropped to their knees in despair, and these lads in bibs were going around swinging for the English players. The fans were horrible too, Danny Rose got a 2nd yellow after the whistle for booting the ball into the crowd, I'm guessing it was to do with the racial abuse he claimed to be on the receiving end of.

Again I'm not sure what the hell started it but the Serbian subs definitely escalated it. Police will have to be brought in to make sure they get out safely.

EDIT: Just seen the footage again, it reeks of bad-loser syndrome from the Serbian subs and a few of the lads who were on the pitch. Some of them quite frankly looked barbaric in the way they were swinging for the England players' heads. Poor Paul Ince seemed really shaken when they came back to the studio, understandably so as his kid was out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I clicked on the trend a few minutes ago and one of the tweets read something like this:
    Why are England sending their U-21s to a country in the middle of a civil war anyway??

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

At least we're safe in the knowledge that FIFA will sort them out by giving them a £1,000 fine. That'll teach them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

It all looks fairly harmless to me, the fighting I'm talking about now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Exactly how many chances will Serbia get? They were fined for racism 4 or 5 years ago with the U21s as well and everyone remember what happened in the Italy game in the last qualification campaign. Surely it's time for a ban on their teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Serbs are basically the scum of Europe but its not PC to say so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Surely it's time for a ban on their teams.

True, beyone a joke now. Pure filth.

mike65 wrote: »

More incorrect than "not PC".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That Danny Rose red card had better be rescinded.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

****ing sad isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Do you know anyone from Serbia?

****ing sad isn't it?
    Of all the players to punish. Ridiculous. I ****in hate the world sometimes

Of all the players to punish. Ridiculous. I ****in hate the world sometimes

It's when droolers defend referees making those kind of "correct" decisions that annoys me. There's players, subs, sideline staff all rowing and he chooses to deal with someone kicking a ball away when the match is finished. But technically he was correct.

It was a second yellow he got for kicking the ball into the crowd, you can't do that ****, I'm sure any player that was fighting will get a worse ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It was a second yellow wasn't it? In which case it can't be rescinded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ignorant much?

niallo27 wrote: »
    It was a second yellow he got for kicking the ball into the crowd, you can't do that ****, I'm sure any player that was fighting will get a worse ban.
    I'm not so sure of that. To be honest, there is really no protection from racism for footballers these days. So disappointing. His reaction is nothing I wouldn't expect from anyone.

I'm not so sure of that. To be honest, there is really no protection from racism for footballers these days. So disappointing. His reaction is nothing I wouldn't expect from anyone.

I don't blame him for doing it but you can't expect him to get away with it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

heard some mad stuff happened in this match, paul ince is calling for a 10 uear ban! emtional reaction because his son is involved but surely competitive bans of some sort are needed now. a hard stance needs to be taken

• Advertisement

I don't blame him for doing it but you can't expect him to get away with it either.
    I can. I don't, but I should be able. He has been put in this situation directly as a result of FIFA treating racism like a minor offence. Poor ****er should never have to deal with this. Serbia should finally be expelled from UEFA/FIFA competition after this, follow it up with the other countries who are unable to house games featuring players of different ethnicities and football will be a better sport.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

This is just a ****ing joke, it puts into perspetive our whinging about Trapatoni. These young lads have to put up with **** like this and worse they react (in a fairly timid fashion kicking a ball in anger) and are the ones punished. If that was a yellow, I don't know why the ref didn't red card every single player who threw a punch.

Absolute disaster, no place for this inside or outside of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

lol.

Can't expect somebody to get away with kicking the ball away when the game was over? lol.

With or without any provocation that's not a yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Agree totally with CSF here. How you can expect someone to keep their cool when they're being racially abused? I am not a black man so I am not going to sit here and say how he should and shouldn't react. But it pisses me off when I hear it, so I can't even begin to imagine how it would make him feel.

We can talk about how it's technically the right decision to give him the second yellow but it seems incredibly harsh. nobody can stop a crowd or a player from saying that stuff as it is happening so it must be incredibly frustrating. I'm surprised it was only the ball he kicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dempsey wrote: »
    heard some mad stuff happened in this match, paul ince is calling for a 10 uear ban! emtional reaction because his son is involved but surely competitive bans of some sort are needed now. a hard stance needs to be taken

At the very least all serbian fans should be banned from matches (closed doors in home games, no tickets for away games) for a year or 2.

The fighting from the players and staff should be dealt with on an individual basis. It looked like most of the players on the pitch weren't acting the bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Gbear wrote: »
    At the very least all serbian fans should be banned from matches (closed doors in home games, no tickets for away games) for a year or 2.

The fighting from the players and staff should be dealt with on an individual basis. It looked like most of the players on the pitch weren't acting the bollocks.

They were banned before right? Didn't the NI fans go to Serbia and they were the only people in the ground? About 400 lads tucked in a corner of a vast stand without a home fan in sight.

A 1 or 2 stadium ban will achieve nothing. As far as I can tell Serbia is never going to be a safe place for people of certain races to go to play football, as such they shouldn't be allowed compete.

Stick them in with the African teams for WC qualifications. Away matches only. That'll teach them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Link

Martin-Thomas-England-008.jpg
    Martin Thomas, left, a member of the England Under-21 coaching staff, is headbutted by Serbia's Andrija Milutinovic after England's win. Photograph: Paul Childs/Action Images

Jesus christ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do you know anyone from Serbia?
    Aidric wrote: »
    Ignorant much?

Well are you going to say their are not racist scum? They can only be judged by their track record which is obvious to a blind man. Not that they'll get anything more than a slap across the wrist so pathetic are FIFA/UEFA regarding racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Dempsey wrote: »
    heard some mad stuff happened in this match, paul ince is calling for a 10 year ban!

If we copped a 10 year ban would it make a difference to anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

If I was in the same situation as Danny Rose I would have floored the ref for booking me after what went on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

just disgraceful

England U19 game Serbia were done for racism and/or a brawl at the end of the game for £16,500

Then there's the Italian game that was abandoned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I thought back in early June you said it was the Ukranians and Poles who were the worst, when you were pontificating from your position of total cluelessness.

SantryRed wrote: »
    If I was in the same situation as Danny Rose I would have floored the ref for booking me after what went on.

What would that prove, the ref didn't abuse him, he kicked the ball into the crowd. How do you expect to get away with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Well are you going to say their are not racist scum? They can only be judged by their track record which is obvious to a blind man. Not that they'll get anything more than a slap across the wrist so pathetic are FIFA/UEFA regarding racism.

What? :confused: Because of this every Serb is racist scum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Trilla wrote: »
    just disgraceful

England U19 game Serbia were done for racism and/or a brawl at the end of the game for £16,500

Then there's the Italian game that was abandoned

Were they put on probation after these events ?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Des wrote: »
    Link

Martin-Thomas-England-008.jpg

Jesus christ

A damning picture. There will be serious pressure to deal with Serbia, hopefully they are made an example of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

A damning picture. There will be serious pressure to deal with Serbia, hopefully they are made an example of.

Hopefully they throw the book at them with a seriously long ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I can't believe i just wasted time looking at that video :( I would say the fight between the school girls in cork was more of a scrap than that.I guess you guys don't go to much gaa matches if you think people should be banned for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Des wrote: »

He's clearly just enquiring about what fabric softener he uses.

mixed up wrote: »
    I can't believe i just wasted time looking at that video :( I would say the fight between the school girls in cork was more of a scrap than that.I guess you guys don't go to much gaa matches if you think people should be banned for that :D
    Nah only like good sports.

What would that prove, the ref didn't abuse him, he kicked the ball into the crowd. How do you expect to get away with that.
    This has already been answered by numerous people in different ways in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

No home games for 5 years should be the least they get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No home support for next 2 campaigns in all competitions. **** them sick of hearing nothing but bad news from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

Blatter will advise they should just sort it out with a handshake*

*then get back to the serious business of collecting brown envelopes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Surely they should be banned at this stage for at least 1 campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No home games for 5 years should be the least they get

Too extreme. Five years? What would that achieve except to ostracise the serbian team and fans from the global game? They would re-enter after five years and be even worse. You have to dole out a punishment that they can learn from to make things better.

Home games closed to fans for 12 months. It would send the right message. Probation for the next few years with the serbian FA being told that any further instances will see the excluded from all international competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

digusting from the Serb Team last night and fans, will be very suprised if FIFA or UEFA do anything other than a crap low level fine... But on the other had FIFA throw the book at players for advertising non authorised products.. both UEFA and FIFA have a shed load of work to do to get control of this type of carry on by certain countries..

Dam sure they would act if this happened in Wembley and the english fans started there old ways.. thank god the english game and fans have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Sore Loser of the Year award goes to Serbia. ****ing disgraceful stuff, watched a youtube video taken in crowd and the monkey chants are deafening.

As for the headbutt photo, christ almighty. What century are these ****ers living in? :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement