Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serbia V England U21

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

did any players get carded for throwing punches etc after the final whistle? i havent heard of any, which makes the second card to Rose even more ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That's the frustrating thing. Rose shouldn't have kicked the ball away and the yellow has no chance of being overturned, but with all that carnage going on the ref has fought his way through a pack of players to send the guy off for it whilst not doing anything about the punches or headbutts being thrown or trying to protect the players from the crowd (which I would have thought would have been his main responsibility in that situation).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mark! wrote: »
    What? :confused: Because of this every Serb is racist scum?

8,000 Bosnian Muslims or half a dozen black Enlgish footballers, they see both as essentially the same "problem". Serbs have issues with difference. I am not going to be dissuaded from that view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Kirby wrote: »
    Too extreme. Five years? What would that achieve except to ostracise the serbian team and fans from the global game?

They have ostracised themselves from the global game with last nights display.
    Home games closed to fans for 12 months. It would send the right message. Probation for the next few years with the serbian FA being told that any further instances will see the excluded from all international competitions.

if this had been introduced at their last incident of this nature, then they failed it last night. Now while i think you have put forward probably one of the best possible measures to deal with the Serbian FA, i would have to ask, how many chances are we willing to give them?

when racism can be shown to be out of their national game, out of their national leagues, then let them be part of the global game. otherwise, leave them to their own game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why does either matter?

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/serbian-attitudes-towards-war-crime-prosecution
    Awareness and attitudes towards the conflicts in the 90s

69 per cent believed that the Serbs had suffered the most during the conflicts in the 90s, while only 16 per cent believed that the Bosniaks had suffered the most.

According to the survey, the perception is that most war crimes were committed by Croats.followed by the Albanians, then the Bosniaks, and lastly the Serbs.

Less than half of respondents knew what had happened in Srebrenica, while 42 per cent think that the killing of Bosniaks there was genocide.

That's enough for me.

End of discussion on this thread (for me at any rate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

The English need to get down off their high horse on this issue, you'd swear Anton Ferdinand and Evra weren't getting taunted at certain grounds every time they visited for just being victims of racial abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Rekop dog wrote: »
    The English need to get down off their high horse on this issue, you'd swear Anton Ferdinand and Evra weren't getting taunted at certain grounds every time they visited for just being victims of racial abuse.

what happened to Ferdinand and Evra is not on any level as to what happened last night, (not that what happened them is excusable), last night took things to the lowest of lows, ive never seen anything like this and it would never and i am 100% sure of this, would happen in England.

john terry is a horrible ignorent man, Suarez isnt even English. if you think that the English are playing some sort of high horse, then your nothing but a clown. what happened last night was disgraceful and nobody should accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

FIFA/UEFA have to do something about this...that was not a safe environment.

What is it with Serbia? Seriously, there's a major issue there, so much hate and so deep a persecution complex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

From twitter:
    Sky Sports wrote:
    "Serbian FA deny any forms of racism against England Under 21s #SSN"
    Sky Sports wrote:
    Serbian FA also accuse Danny Rose of behaving in an "inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner" towards their fans #SSN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

mixed up wrote: »
    I can't believe i just wasted time looking at that video :( I would say the fight between the school girls in cork was more of a scrap than that.I guess you guys don't go to much gaa matches if you think people should be banned for that :D
    Just because the animals that play gah think this sort of behaviour is ok doesn't mean the rest of us do.

Time to **** Serbia out of football.
    Watch this one if you disagree. Scum.
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/shocking-new-footage-emerges-from-serbia-v-england-u21-monkey-noises-audible-from-majority-of-the-crowd/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

From twitter:

Clearly decided that attack is the best form of defence. Will be hard to explain the camera phone footage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I know some Serbians here and they are the salt of the earth. However there is a real ongoing problem over there and the only way they are going to learn is by being banned from competition. Remember as well they are throwing objects at the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would have thought the Serbian FA had more sense than this, especially with the week that's it, with Radovan Karadzic going on trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

When Shams shocked Partizan in the Europa League 14 months ago their fans were well behaved, so they are not all lunatics. They were unhappy but they were unhappy with their own..I think I might have read that some sections clapped the Shams players off the pitch but I could we wrong on that.

They did have 1 African who was a bit of a sore loser and got sent off late for a bad tackle/stamp/punch.

• Advertisement

hope the book is thrown at everybody in Serbian football. the fans, the fa, the players, everybody.

only way to act now is as tough as possible. ban them from all competitions,then play the other games behind closed doors. the statement is nothing short of a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

There's no room for Serbia in today's European football in my opinion. They have to be removed from all competition until they sort themselves out. A hard line needs to be taken if UEFA's anti-racism is to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Too extreme. Five years? What would that achieve except to ostracise the serbian team and fans from the global game? They would re-enter after five years and be even worse. You have to dole out a punishment that they can learn from to make things better.

Home games closed to fans for 12 months. It would send the right message. Probation for the next few years with the serbian FA being told that any further instances will see the excluded from all international competitions.
    To be honest, this isn't about fixing the problem in Serbia, it's about creating a safer environment for people of all walks of life to play/support football. Football matches taking place in Serbia is detrimental to this.

According to Sky, both the English and Serbian FA's have been charged by UEFA. Will be interesting to see the details of what the English guys are meant to have done.

Edit: UEFA's statement "Regarding alleged racist chanting, UEFA will instigate proceedings against the FSS over the misconduct of their supporters during and at the end of the match. Proceedings will also be instigated against the FSS for the improper conduct of the Serbia players at the end of the game.

UEFA will also commence proceedings against the FA for the improper conduct of the England players at the end of the match."

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1878205.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Fully expecting UEFA to make a show of themselves when dealing with this, like always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

My prediction is that they will be thrown out. Its totally disgusting what these Serbian pigs did to those young men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What did the English players do? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If a player can get a red card after the whistle has gone, what stops him getting a red card now (like for the Serbians throwing punches etc) wonder what the regulations are? It was shocking what happened. I'm sure uefa will back down, allowing this to keep happening, if it was English supporters doing this, you could bet uefa would come down hard on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

SantryRed wrote: »
    What did the English players do? :confused:

They won the match?

Anyway, I wonder, what the announcer said. Seems like, he was steering up the crowd even more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

UEFA have charged Serbia and England for failing to control their players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Serbian FA have released a video to try and discredit Danny Rose's claims.

The fact that the Serbian FA deny there was any racist chanting or player trouble should count doubly against them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Quality rant from Ian Holloway: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20009560

Two players and one coach charged over this. Not named yet but I imagine they will be within days. This it not something I have known to happen before, and I hope the FA take a very hard line on this. No England teams (of any kind) should play Serbia from now on. With any luck there will be some solidarity shown by other UEFA members to stop this nonsense happening to other countries in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So the tough (:pac:) punishments are in.

Thomas Ince banned for 1 match, Steven Caulker for two.
    Serbia assistant coach Predrag Katic has been banned from football for two years, with the final six months suspended for a probationary period of three years. Fitness coach Andreja Milunovic has been banned from all football-related activities for two years, with the second suspended for a probationary period of three years.

Milunvoic was already banned for two years by the Sebian FA. They banned another coach, Srdjan Maksimovic, for two years as well even though he seems to have escaped any UEFA punishment. FA have handed out some tough bans for two of Serbias players as well. A massive 3 match ban for Ognjen Mudrinski and two matches for Nikola Ninkovic - these lads again have already been banned for a year by Serbian FA. It seems something the Serbian FA deem worthy of a year ban only related to 2 and 3 games in UEFA land.

Serbia have also been ordered to play their next game behind closed doors and fined £65k.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20718693

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So the tough (:pac:) punishments are in.

Thomas Ince banned for 1 match, Steven Caulker for two.

Milunvoic was already banned for two years by the Sebian FA. They banned another coach, Srdjan Maksimovic, for two years as well even though he seems to have escaped any UEFA punishment. FA have handed out some tough bans for two of Serbias players as well. A massive 3 match ban for Ognjen Mudrinski and two matches for Nikola Ninkovic - these lads again have already been banned for a year by Serbian FA. It seems something the Serbian FA deem worthy of a year ban only related to 2 and 3 games in UEFA land.

Serbia have also been ordered to play their next game behind closed doors and fined £65k.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20718693

They should have to play all home matches behind closed doors, start with 2 years then see if they have learned. It's not the first or last time their fans have acted like disgraceful cavemen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Serbian FA fined 65k for some of the most disgraceful scenes I've ever seen on a football field.

Nicklas Bendtner fined 80k for showing sponsered jocks. Priorities eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

That fine is a joke IMO.

Serbian fans have previous with regards these kind of incidents I dont know why UEFA wont grow a pair of balls and play all competitive Serbian matches at a neutral ground and with no home fans present for a 2 year period.

Uefa are a f8cking disgrace.

how are this lot, legally allowed to run such a massive organisation after this, i dont know.

one of the English players should take legal action against them and the Serbian FA, its the only way to solve this now.

a joke of a ruling. Serbia should have to play every single game away from home for the next two years, at all levels.

I'm not a fan of the FA but I seriously doubt that if it were the English team and fans who did this kind of stuff that the punishment would be as lenient.

Advertisement