Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed Connection...Galway Girl in Dublin

• 16-10-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Missed connections. Is there a forum for this? Apologies if this is spam..

Not one for this kind of thing but.... I chatted to you last Saturday night about media, filmmaking amongst other things in a Dublin City Centre pub. I think you are beautiful and really wanted to get to know you more. I wanted to walk down with you to the pub you asked I suggest but I had to stay with friends.

Your name is Paula and study Multimedia in a popular Dublin University.

Get in contact via PM if you are interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Not one for this kind of thing but.... I chatted to you last Saturday night about media, filmmaking amongst other things in a Dublin City Centre pub. I think you are beautiful and really wanted to get to know you more. I wanted to walk down with you to the pub you asked I suggest but I had to stay with friends.

Paula, great night wasn't it? It was so nice to meet you. I pm'd you my details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

IBTL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I'm incandescent with rage, she told me she was staying in to wash her hair that night. Never again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

this is pretty beta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

july-ly--ly-ly-ly, july-ly-ly, july-ly-ly-ly, july....

sory, wrong tune

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I smell a stickie coming on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

it wouldnt be 'hairy' paula from NCAD??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Didn't think to ask her for her number when you realised you couldn't leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Didn't think to ask her for her number when you realised you couldn't leave?

It was a big gathering of friends and we were all on the cusp of parting ways and saying goodbye. I got distracted and they went on ahead to a pub I had suggested. I guess I blindly hoped I would meet her at the next bar again.

Silly me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

Paula the other one OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

MaxSteele wrote: »
    I smell a stickie coming on.

On the Guinness last night? Head to the jacks, so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

So ask your friend whats a fella to do.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

No Hipster bashing yet? Shame on you AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Nobody knows why elvis threw it all away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Time for me to come clean.

I am Paula, chatee of the OP. I do indeed study multimedia although I am thinking of dropping out to make my own jewellery. I did indeed endure a tedious conversation about media, filmmaking and 'other things' (Russian constructivist design - how could you have forgotten?) but now must tell you that I have decided to marry my long time admirer John who likes soap operas and The Script.

You had your chance to have me and you didn't take it so I will sink into the abyss of mass entertainment and mourn the life of avant garde discussions and mediocre sex I could have had with you.

Fare well whatever your name was again (I forget)!

It could have been something positively beautiful and perhaps a little ironic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Have ya tried stalking her on bakebook OP? know anyone at said university who could send out a mass email for you?! google how to be a stalker and with a bit of luck, you'll soon find her!

guttenberg wrote: »
    Have ya tried stalking her on bakebook OP? know anyone at said university who could send out a mass email for you?! google how to be a stalker and with a bit of luck, you'll soon find her!

Tried the stalking thing. Don't know anyone there at the mo, I'm afraid.

Seriously though, I just had a quick browse on Bakebook. Thought I'd try on here as a last resort. Not really that desperate although that may seem debatable seeing as I posted in AH, lol. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Hell of alot of psycho's knocking about these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Is the said university DCU and she's 2nd year and the bar was Dakota??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Veiled serial killer looking for his lost victim thread.

• Advertisement

Tried the stalking thing. Don't know anyone there at the mo, I'm afraid.

Seriously though, I just had a quick browse on Bakebook. Thought I'd try on here as a last resort. Not really that desperate although that may seem debatable seeing as I posted in AH, lol. :pac:

Sorry but how much more desperate can it get, if this is not the limit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Ah I love a bit of romance. :) Each of the colleges have their own forum here so you might have a better chance of posting in the relevant one. Aww.

Boombastic wrote: »
    Sorry but how much more desperate can it get, if this is not the limit?

I'm a man, who's happy in his life. I keep busy, with a lot of projects on top of my work. I met a girl I got on with, I'm very picky when it comes to a woman's looks and this girl really fitted my type of girl I'm attracted to.

It wasn't so hard to type a couple of keys on a very popular forum to see if I could contact her.

Forgive me if I go after the things I want. :D

@Merkin: Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Was her hair black and her eyes blue, and are you Steve Earle?

I-ay-I-ay , give it a rest Steve, it's been years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

MadsL wrote: »
    On the Guinness last night? Head to the jacks, so.

Last time I tasted a Guinness, I was an 11 year old who hadn't even hit puberty yet.

I'm a man, who's happy in his life. I keep busy, with a lot of projects on top of my work. I met a girl I got on with, I'm very picky when it comes to a woman's looks and this girl really fitted my type of girl I'm attracted to.

It wasn't so hard to type a couple of keys on a very popular forum to see if I could contact her.

Why didn't you ask her for the her phone number that night, if you go after the things you want:pac: Maybe Larry can advise you further

Boombastic wrote: »
    Why didn't you ask her for the her phone number that night, if you go after the things you want:pac: Maybe Larry can advise you further

Normally I would but as I mentioned. There was a huge group of us. She came over to me and asked if there was some good bars to go to. Meanwhile our large group was splitting in two and people were asking me where to go next. There was a lot of commotion and I thought this nice girl really wanted to go to the bar we were heading to and I thought I'd see her there. :(

Ah well. I'm not fussed. Just you know almost that their may have been something there but you mess it up or a turn of events puts the odds against you, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Pity Dublin doesn't have a subway system. You could plaster posters all over the place.

There should be a graph made showing the increasing rate of effort and embarrassment potential relative to the amount of time you waste not getting her number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Normally I would but as I mentioned. There was a huge group of us. She came over to me and asked if there was some good bars to go to. Meanwhile our large group was splitting in two and people were asking me where to go next. There was a lot of commotion and I thought this nice girl really wanted to go to the bar we were heading to and I thought I'd see her there. :(

Ah well. I'm not fussed. Just you know almost that their may have been something there but you mess it up or a turn of events puts the odds against you, lol

How long did you spend talking to her?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Maybe you should address this guy :pac:
    Is the said university DCU and she's 2nd year and the bar was Dakota??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

awwww, Best of Luck in your quest Mensch Maschine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I went for a walk with the dog, he told me all about it.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Maybe you should address this guy :pac:

To Answer Billy Mitchell, no it wasn't Dakota. Thanks for the reply though.

@Defiler: It was about 10mins.

@Kerry4sam: Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Mate, there's already been five other posters looking for this Paula chick from the other night. She may have seemed interested in your chat but the others all say that they had varying degrees of sexual contact with her.
    She wanted doers not talkers. Sorry OP.

To Answer Billy Mitchell, no it wasn't Dakota. Thanks for the reply though.

@Defiler: It was about 10mins.

@Kerry4sam: Thanks :)

Ok whelans?! Story sounds familiar and only two bars I was in. OP you know the metro paper have a little section for things like this, also college forums here.

• Advertisement

Ok whelans?! Story sounds familiar and only two bars I was in. OP you know the metro paper have a little section for things like this, also college forums here.

That's funny. No it wasn't Whelans, i'm afraid. What was your story? I'm curious now, lol.

Yeah, it would probably get locked in those forums though. Ah not to worry. :D

That's funny. No it wasn't Whelans, i'm afraid. What was your story? I'm curious now, lol.

Yeah, it would probably get locked in those forums though. Ah not to worry. :D

I brought her home and bummed the arse of her :)

Joke! Good luck on your quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Know the feeling - Good Luck!

Know the feeling - Good Luck!

Cheers buddy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I don't mean to sound negative but

You normally would. How many women do you get hitting on you.
    She asked you if there were any good bars to go to. This is not the same as asking you to go to a bar with her.
    You probably messed up by ignoring her for your friends when trying to organise them. I am sure your friends could have sorted themselves while the love of your night slipped away.

• Advertisement

I don't mean to sound negative but

You normally would. How many women do you get hitting on you.
    She asked you if there were any good bars to go to. This is not the same as asking you to go to a bar with her.
    You probably messed up by ignoring her for your friends when trying to organise them. I am sure your friends could have sorted themselves while the love of your night slipped away.

I see what you are getting at. I was pretty drunk at this stage and I was trying manage things all at once all my mates looking to me for answers as to where to go, last orders. I did ask if I could join her and did chat with her and her friend at her table but there was constant interruptions.

I suppose it's no excuse, I wasn't thinking right. For some stupid reason the thought didn't pop in to my head, even though it seems like an obvious choice to do.

Didn't want to leave my mates as we were all out for one particular guy who had come back from the US. I got there late and was only there about 30 mins, if even.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Not one for this kind of thing but.... I chatted to you last Friday afternoon about taste, texture amongst other things in the local supermarket. I think you are tasty and really wanted to eat more of you. I wanted to walk down the street and bring you where I suggested, but I had to stay with friends.

Your name is Tayto, you sit in every shop in Ireland with so many flavors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Yakult wrote: »
    Not one for this kind of thing but.... I chatted to you last Friday afternoon about taste, texture amongst other things in the local supermarket. I think you are tasty and really wanted to eat more of you. I wanted to walk down the street and bring you where I suggested, but I had to stay with friends.

Your name is Tayto, you sit in every shop in Ireland with so many flavors.

I suppose you reckon you meet up again with this mystery person and everything is just going to be all hunky dory?:pac:

Remmy wrote: »
    I suppose you reckon you meet up again with this mystery person and everything is just going to be all hunky dory?:pac:

Yes, we gonna **** on the bar and have lots of children and name them after you.

I thought I might invite her for coffee in a sober environment for a chat. See if there's any thing there. OK, I may have posted in idiotic forum but I know how popular AH is and it gives me the lulz in work but I'm not a ****ing idiot.

Sometimes try to have a little spontaneity in my life and try the odd unconventional method of trying to get things done here and there, lol.

One time I found an Iphone and wanted to send it back to the person. I used this forum actually and got an idea off a fellow forumer. Based on the idea, I got the Iphone back to the person in Italy. Stranger things happen than a guy trying to find a girl he fancied on a popular forum on a small island with a small population. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Yes, we gonna **** on the bar and have lots of children and name them after you.

I thought I might invite her for coffee in a sober environment for a chat. See if there's any thing there. OK, I may have posted in idiotic forum but I know how popular AH is and it gives me the lulz in work but I'm not a ****ing idiot.

Sometimes try to have a little spontaneity in my life and try the odd unconventional method of trying to get things done here and there, lol.

One time I found an Iphone and wanted to send it back to the person. I used this forum actually and got an idea off a fellow forumer. Based on the idea, I got the Iphone back to the person in Italy. Stranger things happen than a guy trying to find a girl he fancied on a popular forum on a small island with a small population. :pac:

Well, I am all for you trying to find this girl and best of luck.

msg11 wrote: »
    Well, I am all for you trying to find this girl and best of luck.

Thank you, kindly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I met a girl who was a friend of a friend in Kelly's Portrush about 15 years ago, I spent the whole time chatting to her staring at her tits so she's bound to remember me. She was studying Human Nutrition so I nicknamed her Humnut there and then, oh how she laughed at with me.

If you are out there sexy big boobed intelligent blonde rosy cheeked dietician lady please PM me. . . .

This is the desperado thread isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Creepy.

Do we look like the back of the buy and sell or wha.

deja vu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement