Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction for (not) mentioning c*ges???

Options
  • 16-10-2012 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I received an infraction in this thread..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056782067

The infraction was apparently for NOT calling car drivers 'cagers'.. actually the only reason I can see for the infraction is because the moderater who handed it out is on a power trip!

Could someone please explain why I received this infraction, and remove it accordingly?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi McGixxer,

Have you discussed this with the mod who issued the infraction via PM? They may be able to clarify in greater detail the reasoning for the infraction. If you and the mod can't come to an agreement/understanding, post back here and I'll review the situation.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭McGixxer

The mod in question removed my post and stated that it was removed for calling car drivers 'cagers', so I edited the post, removed any reference to 'cagers' and reposted it. I then received an infraction for the following reason...:
    Moderator Note

Mentioning that you removed the word "cagers" is not on.

Any more messing and you'll be banned fairly sharply.

I had already had a discussion with the mod in question via PM. He told me my post was deleted because:
    A cage is a car, and a cage driver is anyone driving a car. I'm a cyclist, I hear it all the time, and it's a ridiculous term. This is a motoring forum, your use of it was purely to get a rise out of anyone posting on that thread.

So this moderator can delete my post because it contains a term that he deems 'ridiculous' and when I edit the post, remove the term that he sees as a suitable reason for deleting someone's post, then repost it, explaining that I had removed the 'cager' reference, he can then issue me with an infraction for mentioning that I had removed the term he feels is so wrong?

Since when did moderators get to be the 'term' police???

And you think that I could possibly receive a sensible or fair reply from someone who deletes a post because it contains a term he doesn't like?

OK... I'll PM him again and post back here when I receive another ridiculous reply... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭McGixxer

Where is the reply gone that was posted here by Alanstrainor last night, and my reply to him... why were they deleted?

Don't worry, I saved the page after posting, just in case anything happened and in case you need the replies.

I'd now like an administrator to take control of this fiasco, as it seems the moderators of this board are abusing their powers by deleting posts to suit their own agenda.

And for future reference, Alanstrainor, when you insisted I remove the quotes from the PMs you sent me.... I suggest you read the rules!
    Private message conversations in relation to the topic at hand are ok to publish in this forum in an attempt to resolve an issue. This is contrary to normal Boards.ie Guidelines that permission be sought before publication of any PMs sent or received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Mods are not allowed to post in the thread unless invited to do so. The posts both you and Alanstrainor made were deleted by a DRP forum Mod.

I would respectfully ask that you make that the first and last threat you make here or elsewhere on the site, particularly as you are asking for us to assist you.

To the matter at hand: you made an inflammatory post on a thread that was designed to stir trouble (in a Motoring forum using a term like "cages" is sure to breed resentment from a large number of posters). The onus is on the poster to be mindful of the vocabulary they are using. It's not the Mod's job to hold your hand and tell you what you can or can say. Common sense should help with that.

Infraction stands.

As an addendum, in light of how you have acted on this thread also I would strongly suggest that you reign in the attitude; it's not big or clever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement