Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Headphones for conference calls

• 16-10-2012 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for headphones with mic that cancels out outside noise.
    I spend a lot of time on the phone (Galaxy Note android) doing conference calls and it's important that voices come over clear and crisp.

But a percentage of these calls are done while out and about so I don't want any massive Dr Dre lookalikes, rather something small and discreet - but good sound quality for voices.

So, headphones for voice calls rather than music?

Oh, and preferable not white.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I have http://www.amazon.co.uk/Etymotic-Research-iPhone-iPod-Headset/dp/B0012OP7HE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1350425716&sr=8-2 and got some custom tips made up from http://www.acscustom.com/ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39&Itemid=90
    It blocks out pretty much all outside noise, the only problem is you can hear your self talking as your ears are blocked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I don't think there are that many android compatible headphones, meelec are the only ones off the top of my head. Ipod compatible doesn't always translate to android compatible and vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm using ipod headphones atm and they are ok-ish. Loud enough but tbh not very comfy and not very noise cancelling. I'd prefer proper buds with a crystal clear sound. I don't mind if they don't have heavy bass. And not crazy expensive :)

Got some Novero Brooklyn Earphones with In-line Mic. They're ok but I think I will go with something over ear, prefs with a foldable mic boom for when just listening to music.

Right, I'm back. Have been using in-ear which isn't bad but think I actually want to go overhead instead.

Something like a gamer headset with mic boom but for android phone.
    Preferably with cable but wireless (bt) is ok too.
    Pref max 100 euro. Is Logitech a good buy?
    Looks less important than quality of sound.

Maybe not this one though
    Aviation-Type-Headset.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement