Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need new Jacket and myabe trousers

• 16-10-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Alright folks need your help.

The missus has offered to buy me a new bike jacket for christmas maybe able to stretch to trousers as well so want to get an idea of whats the best to go for, my nitro jacket is like a sponge lately and the zip on the other cuff has now broken too.

Let me know what ya recommend, looking for something warm and something that will keep the rain out.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

go to cotters and have a root about... its like the TKMAXX of bike shops with the exception that the prices are actually cheap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

The NEC bike show is coming up in a few weeks. Flights with ryanair to Birmingham around E40 return. Loads of choice at rock bottom prices according to anyone Ive met who has been over.. Never been before myself but Im going this year to pick up a few bits for myself and my OH.
    As an example a friend of ours got a Frank Thomas jacket and trousers for 80stg.

http://www.motorcyclelive.co.uk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

cycocycle wrote: »
    The NEC bike show is coming up in a few weeks. Flights with ryanair to Birmingham around E40 return. Loads of choice at rock bottom prices according to anyone Ive met who has been over.. Never been before myself but Im going this year to pick up a few bits for myself and my OH.
    As an example a friend of ours got a Frank Thomas jacket and trousers for 80stg.

Thanks for the reminder dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

RST gear is very good for the price.
    Have a look at the paragon jacket.
    Amazingly Bikeworld actually are competitive price wise on RST.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Any idea of the price range Graham? Are you gonna fleece her to bits.....lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hein Gericke is the best quality for the price I find. Belfast is the nearest shop. Tell your girlfriend if she loves you she'll let you pick a Dainese jacket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

RPM in Drogheda are doing a sale at the moment. 2 piece Richa suit for 199.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

skapegoat wrote: »
    RST gear is very good for the price.
    Have a look at the paragon jacket.
    Amazingly Bikeworld actually are competitive price wise on RST.

Yeah I second that. Up to very recently had the RST Pro Series and found it warm and dry.
    RobertM wrote: »

That's a good deal alright and Richa are pretty decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Have the new RST Paragon III jacket and pants and they are 100% waterproof. Have had them out in all the crap weather recently, hailstones and torrential rain and no rain got through. You'd probably get the jacket and pants together for about €450-€500, depending where you buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Cheers for the replies guys

Wonda have no idea what the limit is haha, might have a nose with you in a few places when i get back from hols

• Advertisement

I will show you were Crossans is Graham, I aint going to Bellyfast (Hein Gericke), not unless you going up in the lexus with a boot full of sambos!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭robot7080

Hein Gerike or Richa! Great gear at great prices...

Personally I prefer the rain overalls, I have a 2 piece Richa Rain Warrior jacket and trousers I got off ebay for 25 -35 quid and they are brilliant never let any rain or wind in and it keeps you really warm. If I had the money though I would get a the Hein Greicke goretex gear.

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    If I had the money though I would get a the Hein Greicke goretex gear.
    I have that setup. Really good quality stuff. Trousers I got have built in braces :D
    Look stupid, but on a long trip in wet weather they can't be beaten

Braces!!! Fook that, last of the summer wine **** that....lol.

Richard Tea that comes out with us on spins only got a brand new set of HG stuff there 2-3 weeks ago, looks the business and was at a good price he said it was very warm and kept him dry the last day we were out in the pissings. I have the RST Paragon II series top and bottoms, cant fault them for the wet and they are warm and good protection. But the pockets are not great and have started to fray and rip and the zip clasp broke the other day....little things but annoying all the same. I would take the HG stuff over RST stuff TBH....

Cienciano wrote: »
    I have that setup. Really good quality stuff. Trousers I got have built in braces :D
    Look stupid, but on a long trip in wet weather they can't be beaten

WTF are built in braces lol?

Just like normal braces for trousers but attached to the bottoms.....not a problem if the jacket attaches by zip but some gear does not. Either that or its for the more "Gravity Stricken" gents....lol

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Braces!!! Fook that, last of the summer wine **** that....lol.
    They're ideal for going down a hill in a bath tub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

cycocycle wrote: »

I flew with air fungus last time out, got me there from cork early, quick breakfast in the fab restaurant in the airport, than cross the monorail to NEC. Best bit was when i came back loaded down with boots, jackets and trousers, packed into a handy holdall, I was not charged for luggage, even though i had not paid in advance. Can't see ryanair doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

RobertM wrote: »

I bought one of these from RPM yesterday; Richa Challenger looks really well, feels great with plenty of straps and fasteners to fine-tune the fit, upgrade-able back protection and good few air-vents for summer etc.

RPM also has a dozen or so Buffallo jackets going for just 80 euro as well.

Alright lads,

Quick update, i dropped into Ronan in RPM on Wednesday and picked up the Richa deal he is doing for 199 yo yo's. For that i got the jacket, worth 170, and the trousers, worth 99, so all in all a very good deal me thinks.

If you get a chance to drop in i would recommend it, Ronan and the lads are very friendly and there is a massive clearance sale on at the moment.

Good Stuff, fair play.

Alright lads,

Quick update, i dropped into Ronan in RPM on Wednesday and picked up the Richa deal he is doing for 199 yo yo's. For that i got the jacket, worth 170, and the trousers, worth 99, so all in all a very good deal me thinks.

If you get a chance to drop in i would recommend it, Ronan and the lads are very friendly and there is a massive clearance sale on at the moment.

Is that leathers or textiles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Textiles. I bought the same set. (images)

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Is that leathers or textiles?

Textiles

Shame you did not use them today ya lazy lump ya....:p

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Shame you did not use them today ya lazy lump ya....:p

Was not well, serious case of Man-Flu on the way me thinks:D

Oh and im not allowed have them till Christmas i have been told.........maybe my current jacket and trousers may become unrepairable in the not to distant future:p

You keep on eating them subways and they wont fit you I tells ya that....worse then me you are and thats saying something. BTW, have a great subway story for ya when I see you CLASSIC it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Textiles

They are pretty nice dude. What bike shop is rpm :confused:

The gf said she will get me gear for Christmas so I'm on the lookout.
    My current gear has rips all over it, lol

Advertisement