Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capital FM Launch TV Channel

Options
  • 16-10-2012 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭

As you may know already Capital FM recently launched their own TV channel playing "All The Hit's, All The Time!" thought it was commercial free was wrong.

Do you ever think a radio station group would set up a music channel in Ireland, one that's free with the Saorview channels?

Could you see Communicorp setting up say "SPIN TV" would there be enough demand for it?

Not forgetting other CHR's like FM104, Red FM, Beat, iRadio etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Ah, remember the days of Beat Box and 2TV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

flazio wrote: »

Nah, too young! Success or failure? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

flazio wrote: »

Ah, they were great. And simulcast in Stereo on 2FM. Great when you dodn''t have access to MTV.

I don't know if there is much call for a 'Spin TV', it wouldn't be much different to the music channels on Sky. And Bubble Hits didn't last long.

Skid wrote: »
    Ah, they were great. And simulcast in Stereo on 2FM. Great when you dodn''t have access to MTV.

I don't know if there is much call for a 'Spin TV', it wouldn't be much different to the music channels on Sky. And Bubble Hits didn't last long.

That was a great idea, was 2FM good back then lol?

Hmm, I personally don't have sky don't really watch a lot TV anyway but what about the people that don't have sky?

EDIT: Just googled Bubble Hits and I think I understand what you mean lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

That was a great idea, was 2FM good back then lol?

Hmm, I personally don't have sky don't really watch a lot TV anyway but what about the people that don't have sky?

EDIT: Just googled Bubble Hits and I think I understand what you mean lol :P

2FM was the only real music station on air at one stage (especially outside Dublin), I think that's partially why they became so stale, they tried to change but were always stuck in the past.

I suppose there would be an audience for a non-Sky Music Channel (on Saorview maybe?) It has been proposed before, but I don't know if it would be commercially viable.

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »
    2FM was the only real music station on air at one stage (especially outside Dublin), I think that's partially why they became so stale, they tried to change but were always stuck in the past.

I suppose there would be an audience for a non-Sky Music Channel (on Saorview maybe?) It has been proposed before, but I don't know if it would be commercially viable.

I think there's a market for a national PROPER CHR radio station.

People may go mad at this but I think there is room for a national station like SPIN, iRadio, Beat, Red FM or 104.

Going a bit off topic but yeah it would be not a bad idea it wouldn't cost that much really I wouldn't say? Playing music video's back to back?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I reckon a station ala BBC Radio 1 during the day would go down excellently in Ireland. 2FM seems to be all over the place because often in the evenings you'd hear a 80s song followed by Calvin Harris' new song. Those who want to hear Calvin Harris' song don't want to hear the 80s song and vice verse.

The alternative stuff in 2FM in the evenings can be lumped off to RnaG imo, both stations play "alternative stuff at night", and both stations playing that alternative stuff doesn't reach any of their daytime audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Capital tv and heart tv are really just an opportunity to get the names of both global radio stablemates out to a larger audience, unlike 2TV back in the day its not a simulcast, whats going out on radio isnt the same as whats on the telly, granted the overall playlist is the same but theres no jock and lots of tv adverts.

Advertisement