Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not Sure What to do (Need Help/Advice)

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hay Lads Looking for advice,

Bit of a delicate subject but here goes........

My grandmother died a couple of years back & her house sold......... during the cleanup of the house we came across a .177 air rifle & im 99% sure it was never licenced!! recon it could have been an unkle of mine who had this rifle in his posession but can't be sure as he too has passed!

My question is this..... I currently hold two firearm certificates myself & was wondering is there any way that I could go about licencing this weapon & having it in my posession legally...... I'd love to hold onto it but am willing to hand it in for destruction if there is no way of licencing it would hate to hold onto it jeperdising my current firearm certificates.

Any help would be greatly Apreciated.

Kind Regards
    Pan....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It's a firearm. Just license it as you would/have done for your other two.

Might be best to have it stored in an RFDs while the license is being assessed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Yup.
    Easily done ( if you can get the licence)
    Just fill the FCA2 form.There is a section on it for "owner deceased"
    You won't have any licence number though.
    Then give the gun to you RFD who will give you a cert to say that he is storing it for you.
    Finally fill an FCA1 form(i.e the normal licence application form) and licence it in the normal way.

Otherwise you have an unlicenced firearm.

edit:beaten to it

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭pancuronium

Thanks Lads just wasn't sure where i would stand ;)

Advertisement