Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet dropping

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Hey. Was wondering can you check this out for me. I moved to a new place in march and have had problems with my Internet since day one.

My wireless is completely random on if it will work or not. Sometimes wont show up on devices at all or sometime it's shows up but will not connect.

My wired connection drops too but not nearly as much. The wireless connection could go 10 times a day. Sometimes it can stay on for a week. I have used three different routers and its the same problem with them all.

I connect using a few different things. iPad, laptop and Xbox and stuff like tht. Sometime one will connect and not the other and its random enough which will connect and which won't.

Any help would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

jonny666 wrote: »
    Hey. Was wondering can you check this out for me. I moved to a new place in march and have had problems with my Internet since day one.

My wireless is completely random on if it will work or not. Sometimes wont show up on devices at all or sometime it's shows up but will not connect.

My wired connection drops too but not nearly as much. The wireless connection could go 10 times a day. Sometimes it can stay on for a week. I have used three different routers and its the same problem with them all.

I connect using a few different things. iPad, laptop and Xbox and stuff like tht. Sometime one will connect and not the other and its random enough which will connect and which won't.

Any help would be great

Hi jonny666

Can you go through this wireless checklist to see if it helps, if not get back to us here.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hi jonny666

Can you go through this wireless checklist to see if it helps, if not get back to us here.

Regards
    Linda

Hi Linda. I've done everything on that link you sent at one stage or another. When the wireless gets so bad that I can't connect at all and resetting the router doesn't help I change the ssid name and the channel. I am able to connect again but it's only a matter of time before it goes off again.

I live in an apartment so distance or concrete walls aren't a problem and the only other wireless things would be Xbox joypads which aren't near the router

I tried to update the firmware but the router wouldn't let me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Double post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

jonny666 wrote: »
    Hi Linda. I've done everything on that link you sent at one stage or another. When the wireless gets so bad that I can't connect at all and resetting the router doesn't help I change the ssid name and the channel. I am able to connect again but it's only a matter of time before it goes off again.

I live in an apartment so distance or concrete walls aren't a problem and the only other wireless things would be Xbox joypads which aren't near the router

I tried to update the firmware but the router wouldn't let me.

Hi jonny666

Can you PM me you telephone/account number and I'll see if it's possible to log into your router remotely to update the firmware.

Regards
    Linda

Advertisement