Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booker Prize

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

So Hilary Mantel has won her 2nd booker prize for Bring up the Bodies. It probably was the best of the shortlist but I'm not sure that giving the prize to a series twice is the thing!

On the other hand at least Will Self didn't get it for Umbrella - which I found unreadable.

My favourite in the short list is Twan Eng's book - The garden of Evening Mists.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I haven't bought Umbrella yet (because I'm broke and don't want to spend money on a book that everyone says is unreadable), but I'm disappointed that Will Self didn't win... His acceptance speech would have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

RayM wrote: »
    I haven't bought Umbrella yet (because I'm broke and don't want to spend money on a book that everyone says is unreadable), but I'm disappointed that Will Self didn't win... His acceptance speech would have been great.

Get thee to a library.

So far I've only bought Swimming Home. Hopefully my local library will provide the others. Maybe I'll even give HMantell another try.

Advertisement