Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superdry Arctic Pop Windcheater

• 16-10-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

What's the best way to wash them?

My mate washed his to the instructions and he said it's now like a sponge when it rains, there has to be a way of properly washing them. I have mine a year and a half and it could do with a decent clean.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Your best bet is probably to gently hand wash it then lie it flat in a hot press to dry it.

Or you could chance it in the washing machine on the lowest possible temperature (30 degrees or lower) with a really mild detergent and then pop it in the hot press.

Most weather proofed clothing will be destroyed in warm washes or the dryer.

Valentina wrote: »
    Your best bet is probably to gently hand wash it then lie it flat in a hot press to dry it.

Or you could chance it in the washing machine on the lowest possible temperature (30 degrees or lower) with a really mild detergent and then pop it in the hot press.

Most weather proofed clothing will be destroyed in warm washes or the dryer.

Had a suggestion of getting it dry cleaned off someone, thinking about bringing it up to the local dry cleaners and see what he thinks, chap is there donkeys years so may know better.

Failing that I think I might just go for a hand wash in luke warm water with really mild detergent and throw it outside to dry.

My mates bad experience has turned me off washing it tbh, but mine is nearly two years old and there's only so many wipes every winter that can keep it clean. Investing in a new jacket soon but can't see it replacing this machine of one!

Hand washed it last night, just waiting for it to dry to give the waterproof a test! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Hand washed it last night, just waiting for it to dry to give the waterproof a test! :D

It's not meant to be waterproof its a windcheater.

• Advertisement

padi89 wrote: »
    It's not meant to be waterproof its a windcheater.

I'm guessng you don't own one of these jackets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I don't have to the superdry website gives the fabric details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I have a North Face coat that needs washed soon, didn't realise it might affect the quality of it?? Was just going to put it into the washing machine at a quick 30 degree wash.

padi89 wrote: »
    I don't have to the superdry website gives the fabric details.

It was definitely water resistant anyways, got drenched at times and nothing got in.
    I have a North Face coat that needs washed soon, didn't realise it might affect the quality of it?? Was just going to put it into the washing machine at a quick 30 degree wash.

Do the Northface jackets have fleecing on the inside?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

It was definitely water resistant anyways, got drenched at times and nothing got in.

Do the Northface jackets have fleecing on the inside?

My North Face has detatchable fleece - why, is this what caused the problem with the superdry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Have always bunged my north face ski jacket, ski pants and rain jacket into the wash. Never had a problem and still waterproof. NF stuff is usually pretty easy to deal with, thats why I buy it.

What do the washing instructions say on your jacket? Follow them and you shouldnt go wrong. Although as mentioned above you might find you need to re-proof it. Did you keep any of the tags it had on it when you bought it? They would usually state what to do.

My North Face has detatchable fleece - why, is this what caused the problem with the superdry?

I'd say so, my mate said his jacket became like a sponge so guessing the water got through the shell of the jacket and stayed in the fleece.
    flikflak wrote: »

What do the washing instructions say on your jacket? Follow them and you shouldnt go wrong. Although as mentioned above you might find you need to re-proof it. Did you keep any of the tags it had on it when you bought it? They would usually state what to do.

Yup, still have the tags and the washing instructions but they supposedly don't work.

Just tested my Superdry jacket, it's still waterproof! :D

Advertisement