Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains water & Sewerage

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Taking a scenario where mains water and sewerage runs along a minor public road on the path outside the property, assume all the works inside the property line are complete and the contractor has only to connect from the path to the property line (please no lectures on how they'll need to do x, y, z that's not what I'm asking), could anyone give me a ball park figure on what I should expect a contractor to quote to connect up the mains water and sewerage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

funkhouser wrote: »
    Taking a scenario where mains water and sewerage runs along a minor public road on the path outside the property, assume all the works inside the property line are complete and the contractor has only to connect from the path to the property line (please no lectures on how they'll need to do x, y, z that's not what I'm asking), could anyone give me a ball park figure on what I should expect a contractor to quote to connect up the mains water and sewerage?

pm sent to op

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rockc68

Hi,

I know this is an old post but just in case....

Some of my family are thinking about changing from a private well to a connection to the local mains supply that now runs along the road.

Someone from the Water Dept. of the Local authority suggested that we could connect the new pipe coming off the mains to the existing pipe coming from the well (but that we had to seal off the supply from the well so that it couldn't cause contamination).

If anyone has any any idea of costs and/or tips, we'd be glad to get them.

(Water connection for definite, not decided yet whether to stay with septic tank.)

Thanks.

Advertisement