Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing duel oil boiler and back boiler heating system

• 16-10-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi All,
    I live in a large dormer bungalow with 10 rads on the ground floor and 2 rads in the attic conversion. Currently their is a grant triple pass back boiler(kitchen) that heats the adjacent -hot water cylinder and rads.
    I want to install an outdoor oil boiler out the back under the kitchen window which will give it the shortest run possible(10metres), Is it possible to do this in a way that each system can operate independently?
    The way I would want it to work is to get the oil to heat the rads then turn it off and let the back boiler to take over for most of the time.
    I know I would require a dual coil hot water cylinder as well.
    Any advice from people who know anything about this would be greatly appreciated.
    Best regards,
    Cruder :)

Comments

Advertisement