Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone decided to shoot a home in Drogheda tonight.

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

It appears that some noise my wife and I heard earlier turned out to be a shooting down the road from us.
    Shots fired at unoccupied house in Drogheda

A dark-coloured saloon car stopped outside the house on Chord Road in Drogheda at around 8.40pm.

A man got out of the car and fired one shot at the front door and a second shot at an upstairs window. No one was injured in the incident.
    Gardaí believe the wrong property may have been targeted.
    They have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
    The house and surrounding area has been sealed off pending a technical examination of the area, which is expected to take place in the morning.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1016/drogheda-louth-shots.html

Thankfully the house had no one in it. It appears they actually might have got the wrong home they were trying for - thankfully they shot at an empty one.

All I can say is "thank heavens" they got it wrong with the house.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Well it could have been a gesture against the property market and how it ruined the country...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

delly wrote: »
    Well it could have been a gesture against the property market and how it ruined the country...

Most times I would agree, in this case its known locally who the shooter was supposed to be after.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shugana

Who were they after or what was it about, can you say?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

shugana wrote: »

In fairness now, we can't be naming names etc., or anything else that isn't in the public domain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

shugana wrote: »

As delly says (rightly) nothing more can be said here on the forum - for forum legal reasons alone.

I can say that it looks like sadly, once again, a drugs related issue.
    The home that was shot up, was empty and its owners are considered just entirely innocent victims - nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Biggins wrote: »
    ...All I can say is "thank heavens" they got it wrong with the house.

And with that I was thinking it's someone from After Hours... Good to know boards debates haven't escalated to this sort of stuff... yet. :D

Advertisement