Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on new charges

Options
  • 17-10-2012 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

As your aware there has been lots of posts about the new charges on current accounts. In a lot of your replys to people giving out about them you have said you have passed on the feedback.

So im just wondering now that they have had a lot of feedback from there customers, is there any feedback from BOI to there customers about the new charges or are they still saying they couldnt give a fcuk what there customers think?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Both me and the wife will be leaving boi over these,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Good Morning harolds57,

Just to clarify, there have been no new charges introduced in relation to current accounts. The only things that will be changing are the criteria necessary to qualify for our No Transaction Fee Offer and the charge for a replacement debit card.

The changes announced here will still be going ahead as planned. For customers that don't qualify for the offer, we have two options available:

a) Pay as you go: 28c for each transaction.

b) Flat fee option: €11.40 per quarter for 90 transactions. Transactions in excess of 90 costs 28c each.

If you wish to amend the fee category you are on before the above take effect you will need to make the amendment before 16th of November 2012. You can contact the branch or Banking 365 to discuss.

The contact number for Banking 365 is 0818 365 365.

Thanks
    Pat

Hi Gmol,

Sorry to hear we will be losing your business. If there's anything we can do for you here, just let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

Sorry Pat, i will re word it then. Seen that BOI have changed the conditions for free banking that will effect a lot of the customers who will now face charges on there current account, and you have passed on a lot of feedback here from people giving out, have you any feedback from BOI to there customers based on the feedback you have sent them.

Thanks.

Hi harolds57,

I've forwarded on your request to our Consumer Banking Department. Please see their response below:
    Bank of Ireland reviews all feedback received on Boards.ie and we value you taking the time to provide your feedback. Although we recognise that some customers may be unhappy with these changes we do feel that we offer excellent value in our Current Account and we will be implementing these changes as announced.

You can avail of Everyday Banking for less than 13 Cent a day by choosing our flat fee option of €11.40 per quarter for up to 90 transactions. Alternatively if you think you will have less than 40 txs in a quarter then the very competitive flat fee pricing of 28c per transaction may be best for you.

As a leading provider of personal current accounts in Ireland, we believe our pricing is both competitive and offers value for money for the full range of services we provide our customers:

Access to your money via:
    Over 250 branches nationwide
    Over 1,500 ATMs nationwide
    Direct banking by phone, online and mobile

A full range of payment options including:
    Direct Debits
    Standing Orders
    Visa Debit card
    Online payments to accounts at home and abroad
    Phone and Mobile payments
    ATM pay a bill

The ability to top up mobile phones using:
    365 Online banking
    By Text
    Many of our ATMs

A number of services free of charge such as:
    Setting up Direct Debits & Standing Orders
    Account administration
    PIN replacement
    Regular bank statements

Thanks
    Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

Hi harolds57,

I've forwarded on your request to our Consumer Banking Department. Please see their response below:

Thanks
    Pat

Pat, this is an extremely disingenuous reply from your consumer banking department. It is not addressing the concerns of the OP nor the numerous complaints that have been made on boards about the change in charges policy. It is just spouting corporate mantra about BOI. Please ask the department for a specific response to the complaints made.

Hi daheff,

There has been quite a bit of feedback given in relation to the change in criteria for our No Transaction Fee Offer through Boards.ie and other communication channels. The OP has asked for a response to the feedback we have received here and a reply was given.

There was also an alternative mentioned for customers that will be affected that may allow them to save on what they are currently spending on fees, depending on how they use the account and the amount of transactions that they would use in a given fee quarter.

I appreciate that you are not happy with the response that was given. However the reply clearly states that the changes will be going ahead. Our Consumer Banking team will not be commenting further on this.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭daheff

you can add my name to the list of customers you will be losing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

daheff wrote: »
    you can add my name to the list of customers you will be losing

Ill be leaving also and taking my savings account with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

From what date are the new bank charges effective??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Longford Lass.

Thanks for your post.

There have been no new charges introduced to our current accounts, however the criteria to avail of our No Transaction Fees Offer has been amended. The charge for a replacement card has also changed. These new amendments are due to be implemented on the 19th of November. Please see below:
    Please note we have made a change to our qualifying criteria for our No Transaction Fees offer. You can find more information here.

Our transaction fees remain the same. There are two options available for customers.

a) Pay as you go: 28c for each transaction.

b) Flat fee option: €11.40 per quarter for 90 transactions. Transactions in excess of 90 costs 28c each.

If you wish to amend the fee category you are on before the above take effect you will need to make the amendment before 16th of November 2012. You can contact the branch or Banking 365 to discuss.

The contact number for Banking 365 is 0818 365 365.

There will also be a change in the replacement card charge from €5.90 to €8.00. This will not effect customers in the automatic roll-out of Visa Debit cards.

If you have any further queries, please ask.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Eh is the above not mean that in fact yes, you are changing your fees process??

i think its an awful way of treating your customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Another person you have just lost. Those charges on top of all the other charges is not good enough. My savings have been transferred to a new savings account with another bank. I have closed my normal account as well. Disgusting behavior from a bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi tatabubbly,

Thanks for posting.

The only change is the qualifying criteria for the Current Account No Transaction Fees Offer.

Thanks

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi areyewell,

Sorry to hear you have closed your accounts.
    Please let us know if we can help with anything.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement