Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racing at Mondello

• 17-10-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hiya Folks,

I'm just wondering how would I start to race at mondello? Do i start with a track day? how would i later grab my race licence? and is it really 150 euro per day to race there?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Hiya Folks,

I'm just wondering how would I start to race at mondello? Do i start with a track day? how would i later grab my race licence? and is it really 150 euro per day to race there?

Cheers

Hey, I raced for 2 years in 2007 and 2008.
    First you have to get a race licence, this means you have to attend a flag seminar organised by the race clubs.
    You also need to get a medical done by your gp to say your fit to race.
    All that costs around 120e including go charge, joining a club and license fee.

I have heard you know also have to do a rookie trackday on the track but this came in after I raced.

Have you done a road track day?
    If you haven't do one this sat as its the last one, some people don't like the track so figure that out first.

Practice days are generally before the racedays, as far as I remember it's about 140e for a practice day, which you will need to do as many as possible to get faster in the first few years.
    Then races cost from 60e so yeah that's 200e a weekend to race.

Then add in fuel, Tyres (300e) maybe 3 weekends out of Tyres but the faster you get the quicker they go off. If you get anywhere near 1 minute on the short circuit then they will last one weekend.
    Food, transport, spares, typically I would spend 500e each race weekend!

As for bikes, start out on an sv650 and buy one that has already been on the track as its much cheaper than building one yourself.

I spent just shy of 20grand in two years racing and my best position was 4th.
    It's not a sport for swindlers.
    So if your worried about cost it's not for you do the odd trackday instead.
    I never got any sponsorship just did it off my own back.

People say its a waste of money but it's better than SEX!

Advertisement