Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan?

Options
  • 17-10-2012 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

I think i have 300 euro in my credit union account. I havent touched this account in many years. I have saved up a grand at home and im gonna put it in the credit union. What are the chances of me getting a loan of 6000?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

JajaD wrote: »
    I think i have 300 euro in my credit union account. I havent touched this account in many years. I have saved up a grand at home and im gonna put it in the credit union. What are the chances of me getting a loan of 6000?

Doubt it. Usually you need to show that you can regularly save and they calculate it from that. Give them a call though.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

JajaD wrote: »
    I take it the loan is for a business? A good business plan might give you more chance of securing a loan.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

It is worth a try - I got a loan of €3k last year when I only had €300 with them and no history of saving. Go in and talk to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Quagmire77

If it's your first loan they will usually only give you double your regular shares.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

It is for a car loan ....fingers crossed

Advertisement