Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best bar for a few pints

Options
  • 17-10-2012 8:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭

Will be in longford on saturday what is the best lively pub to have a few drinks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

tankbarry wrote: »
    Will be in longford on saturday what is the best lively pub to have a few drinks

Thats a very subjective question. Your age, tastes, tipple of choice , piss-headedness etc all need to be taken into account.
    More please...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 carrigy

MB Coys is a good spot, has a band most weekends. Can be fairly packed.

Market Bar is quiet, but i like to have a chat and listen to songs on the jukebox.

PV's seems to be quiet on a Saturday, but i rarely go there these days so it could have changed.

Foleys is a busy spot, they usually have a band or a DJ, there's also a pool table.

Valentines is a nice spot, hard to find a place to sit though. The smoking area has tables and chairs, so you could always go outside and talk/drink

John Browns across from the market square is what some people would call an old man's pub. very quiet unless there's a event going on. Not really a place young people go to.

Eamon's is where alot of the young crowd go as well, but I myself am not found of it. Seem to always have a bad night if I go there for one reason or another.

Fox's bar across from blazers is a nice spot as well. varying groups of ages go there.

I know im leaving out a places but those are the main ones i think.
    As for niteclubs, there are only 2 really. Spiral and blazers.

Blazers is only open on Saturday and it's 10 euro entry fee and 2 euro per drink.

Spiral is I think 10 entry as well and around 5 euro for a bottle and 4.20 for a pint. I'm open to correction on that though, don't go to spiral too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭garfieldsghost

You left out the Tally Ho... best pint of Guinness in town! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 carrigy

I heard from a fair few people that Doyle was a great or the best place for a guinness. I don't drink that so wouldn't know myself, i drink bulmers

Advertisement