Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most popular Irish sport today

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Rugby is nowhere near the most popular sport in Ireland. When the Irish team are in the rugby Workd Cup the streets would be as per normal. If the soccer team have a World Cup or Euros game there isn't anybody around, there are flags out houses windows

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭blue note

It amazes me that basketball isn't bigger in Ireland, considering our weather and the fact that we have an abundance of suitable facilities right across the country. Nearly every little town and village has a parish hall which could be used as a court.

But yet its my understanding that we don't even field an international team anymore.

I remember hearing that it's still more popular in the schools than rugby. I think pretty much every school has a team, but people seem to forget about it once they leave school.

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

For all those bitching and whinging about people having an issue with the GAA, could you blame them? The GAA has actively tried, throughout its history to destroy football (soccer) in this country.

Look at Thomas Davis' behavior over the Tallaght Stadium controversy. Farcical stuff after getting grant after grant from the government for their own facilities.

Fúck the Gah to be honest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Ares wrote: »
    For all those bitching and whinging about people having an issue with the GAA, could you blame them? The GAA has actively tried, throughout its history to destroy football (soccer) in this country.

Look at Thomas Davis' behavior over the Tallaght Stadium controversy. Farcical stuff after getting grant after grant from the government for their own facilities.

Fúck the Gah to be honest..

Your last line is a bit strong in an otherwise great post.
    'Keep On Hoopin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Infighting.

• Advertisement

Infighting.

Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Most popular is Gaelic Football followed by Association Football.

My favorite sports are Hurling/Gaelic, Football, Boxing, Rugby League, Basketball, NFL and Golf. In saying that like pretty much all sports Olympic Sports in particular.

Used to like Rugby Union and played with top Dublin club at AIL level for while, but the bandwagon type who just want be seen at game puts me off now. Lot of Horse manure involved in rugby these days and the Irish Rugby team are way overrated its not even funny.

Wales have won more Grand Slams in past 7 years then Irelands entire History. and yet its Irish people who have mocked the Welsh lads in past(Henson in particular). Look in mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Lamping maggots.

Most popular is Gaelic Football followed by Association Football.....
    ......Wales have won more Grand Slams in past 7 years then Irelands entire History. and yet its Irish people who have mocked the Welsh lads in past(Henson in particular). Look in mirror.

I'd say 'Henson in particular' has looked in the mirror; adoringly, admiringly, narsissistically, lovingly and other words ending in ly (can't think of anymore), oh yeah, obviously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭reeb

Seanchai wrote: »

cor blimey, a'roigh' gov.

Irish people who say "mate"
    hah that gave me a right chuckle mate. ah the gah heads, when they aren't out supporting enemies of the state like the quinns or shoving referees into car boots they are on the internet acting like nasty little fascists.

Incidentally i know a few gentlemen involved in Cliftonville fc who would be extremely surprised to hear that they aren't Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Football is the cheater's game. Rugby is way more popular in this country, bucking the trend of most European countries. Hopefully the footballers feck up qualifying and the rugby lads do well in the 6 Nations to widen the gap. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

TheTwiz wrote: »
    Rugby is nowhere near the most popular sport in Ireland. When the Irish team are in the rugby Workd Cup the streets would be as per normal. If the soccer team have a World Cup or Euros game there isn't anybody around, there are flags out houses windows
    That's a fair point, but people get caught up in these things because of memories of the early 90s, and it's even more of a bandwagon crowd then the rugby one.

Also the rugby WC was on at 7am, everyone was watching it in bed with a mug of tea.

I don't know why people give out about people supporting their international side when a big comp comes up, I don't like football of either variety but am glad to hear they're doing well and will watch the big matches because quite frankly I could care less what they're at the rest of the year

Godot. wrote: »
    Football is the cheater's game. Rugby is way more popular in this country......)

We're talking Ireland here not New Zealand, geography was never your strongest subject, by the way, those two blokes are still waiting for you near that tree, have you not found it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

9959 wrote: »
    We're talking Ireland here not New Zealand, geography was never your strongest subject, by the way, those two blokes are still waiting for you near that tree, have you not found it yet?

How many people attend the provincial rugby games?
    How many people watch LoI games?

The prosecution rests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I'd say Gaelic football the most popular followed by soccer.

I think genuine sports fans like most sports, no point in sniping about soccer vs. Gaelic etc.

I personally don't enjoy soccer but love Gaelic but each to their own.

Football is the cheater's game. Rugby is way more popular in this country, bucking the trend of most European countries. Hopefully the footballers feck up qualifying and the rugby lads do well in the 6 Nations to widen the gap. :)

If you mean well by coming third then it looks good.

How many people attend the provincial rugby games?
    How many people watch LoI games?

The prosecution rests.

Tarry a while Sir before you rest your prosecution.
    As you asked the above questions with a lawyerly rhetorical flourish, I believe it is you who is duty bound to answer same.

By the way, while your pressing the aul google button marked 'attendences for L.O.I. games', could you also get the figures for participation in schoolboy leagues, junior football, Leinster Senior League and so on, by kids and adults. Also, we are talking about a sport's popularity, so throw in 'away trips', aren't they all, to Glasgow, Manchester, Liverpool etc
    Go mad and throw in the figures for internationals as well, even with Trapp.

Well, we're waiting.

Edit. Does sitting glued to Sky Sports watching Premier League Football count in terms of popularity?
    If so, collate those figures too, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

summerskin wrote: »
    How could basketball ever be classed as the most popular sport in Ireland????

Well the Poll asks "What is your favourite sport", "your" been me, I would have to choose basketball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

and yet its Irish people who have mocked the Welsh lads in past(Henson in particular). Look in mirror.

Poor Gav.

No one is harder on Henson than the Welsh themselves & you're quite au fait with the reasons behind same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I think on a whole I'd say Bogball - the general populous seem to whip themselves into an absolute frenzy once the All-Ireland comes about. I think rugby is seeing a growth in popularity simply because Leinster have done so well in the recent past and Connaught are on the up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Never have and never will understand people who get on their high horse about "bandwagon supporters" in rugby. If anything that is the type of supporter I'd like to see out of the game, not the "bandwagoners".

Success = support, happens in every sport (Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Tox56 wrote: »
    Never have and never will understand people who get on their high horse about "bandwagon supporters" in rugby. If anything that is the type of supporter I'd like to see out of the game, not the "bandwagoners".

Success = support, happens in every sport (Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea et al).

Reminds me of a pal who'd serially abandon their lo-fi indie musical idols, as soon as the artist began experiencing any sort of commercial success.

I just think it's kinda small tbh.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Poor Gav.

No one is harder on Henson than the Welsh themselves & you're quite au fait with the reasons behind same.

lol ya sure:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Is rugby really a sport?
    A bunch of talentless fat lads running into each other doesn't float my boat.
    And if it did, I'd prolly just watch the queue for the dáil restaurant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I think it'd be fairly clear by the stats. Association Football (soccer if you like, all comes from the same name so doesn't bother me!) is the most played, and most watched sport in the country (Comparing how many people watch a soccer game, either in person or on tv, to how many people do the same for the GAA games, in particular league games of which few same to care about). Rugby, even though it's lost a lot of it, is still a game rooted in its elistist beginnings as regards participation. (Mainly played at school level in 'private' schools, which still get preference when it comes to National team selection)

I'm a soccer man, and grew up in a strongly soccer/anti-GAA house but I still have a fondness for hurling (Not so much Gaelic, too much macho, immature bumping for my liking!), and went to a rugby school! It's easy for soccer fans to have a chip on their shoulder towards the GAA given what it's done to the game in Ireland (Especially the local game re. Tallaght Stadium). That being said, soccer is far from the perfect game either! Sligo Rovers, who won the league last week, would have to repeat the feat about 14 more times to earn what Giovanni Trappatoni earns in a year, while in general the diving issue has never been dealt with properly.

Personally, in terms of watching it goes Soccer (In the flesh), Ice-Hockey, Hurling, Rugby, Aussie Rules, Gaelic Football. I think live soccer games have an edgier (and therefore in my opinion better) atmosphere than GAA. I'm sure the same passion is involved but I just don't feel it as much at GAA games (good thing, says you!) and it kinda takes away from going to a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Míshásta

It would be a very interesting poll if it wasn't so basically flawed in its questions. Maybe the poster didn't intend any offence, but to catagorise GAA as a sport is just weird. Hurling and Football (Gaelic) under the same heading? How about lumping in rugby and hockey under the same heading? I mean both are played in some fee-paying schools, so they must be closely related.

In my part of the country (the Deep South) 'football' in ordinary speech refers to Gaelic Football, Association Football is 'Soccer'. "Gaelic" is also sometimes used as referring to Gaelic football.

As far as I am aware there is no great split between GAA and soccer followers hereabouts. Most people nowadays follow both codes. Is this antipathy to GAA a Dublin thing?

My preferences, Hurling, Gaelic Football, Rugby, Soccer.

It is a pity that one poster came up with the very outdated term 'garrison sport'. But in fairness it was only one poster I believe. On the other hand how may posters have been using such terms as 'bogball' and 'stick fighting'?

Ah shur, Irish people deriding Irish sports - what's new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I appreciate your points but compare Donegal winning the All Ireland with Sligo Rovers winning the league, GAA takes over the county, soccer takes over those who follow the club. Finn Harps winning an FAI cup or League would come nowhere near the hype of getting to an AI Semi Final, never mind a final.

The GAA doesn't cater for the ordinary club player, the county team is the end all and be all.

I think it'd be fairly clear by the stats. Association Football (soccer if you like, all comes from the same name so doesn't bother me!) is the most played, and most watched sport in the country (Comparing how many people watch a soccer game, either in person or on tv, to how many people do the same for the GAA games, in particular league games of which few same to care about). Rugby, even though it's lost a lot of it, is still a game rooted in its elistist beginnings as regards participation. (Mainly played at school level in 'private' schools, which still get preference when it comes to National team selection)

I'm a soccer man, and grew up in a strongly soccer/anti-GAA house but I still have a fondness for hurling (Not so much Gaelic, too much macho, immature bumping for my liking!), and went to a rugby school! It's easy for soccer fans to have a chip on their shoulder towards the GAA given what it's done to the game in Ireland (Especially the local game re. Tallaght Stadium). That being said, soccer is far from the perfect game either! Sligo Rovers, who won the league last week, would have to repeat the feat about 14 more times to earn what Giovanni Trappatoni earns in a year, while in general the diving issue has never been dealt with properly.

Personally, in terms of watching it goes Soccer (In the flesh), Ice-Hockey, Hurling, Rugby, Aussie Rules, Gaelic Football. I think live soccer games have an edgier (and therefore in my opinion better) atmosphere than GAA. I'm sure the same passion is involved but I just don't feel it as much at GAA games (good thing, says you!) and it kinda takes away from going to a match.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭shefellover93

K-9 wrote: »
    I appreciate your points but compare Donegal winning the All Ireland with Sligo Rovers winning the league, GAA takes over the county, soccer takes over those who follow the club. Finn Harps winning an FAI cup or League would come nowhere near the hype of getting to an AI Semi Final, never mind a final.

The GAA doesn't cater for the ordinary club player, the county team is the end all and be all.

But those two cannot be compared. You can't compare the LOI with Intercounty GAA. GAA intercounty teams have no opposition in terms of standard, IC GAA teams are at the pinnacle of their sport, and recieve huge funding and marketing for games, while the fact that they don't have to burden the costs of wages (In theory) means they have more money to put back into promotion. In the days before the EPL, LOI teams would enjoy near same status (Even with GAA banning which didn't work vice versa), and FAI Cup or League wins would offer that 'taking over the place' feeling, while soccer offered local Irish teams to compete on an International level through European competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

But those two cannot be compared. You can't compare the LOI with Intercounty GAA. GAA intercounty teams have no opposition in terms of standard, IC GAA teams are at the pinnacle of their sport, and recieve huge funding and marketing for games, while the fact that they don't have to burden the costs of wages (In theory) means they have more money to put back into promotion. In the days before the EPL, LOI teams would enjoy near same status (Even with GAA banning which didn't work vice versa), and FAI Cup or League wins would offer that 'taking over the place' feeling, while soccer offered local Irish teams to compete on an International level through European competition!

WEll you're going back to 50/60's Ireland then and its kind of history to me.Derry City was probably the closest I got to see a Loi club come anywhere near a GAA county feel, but Derry is a soccer stronghold, with GAA making inroads.

GAA has made inroads in soccer strongholds in Donegal, soccer in GAA strongholds. All very interesting to the particular sport diehards, practically it just means more kids playing more sports, more choice and going onto excel at whatever sport they are best at.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

).
    I think live soccer games have an edgier (and therefore in my opinion better) atmosphere than GAA. I'm sure the same passion is involved but I just don't feel it as much at GAA games (good thing, says you!) and it kinda takes away from going to a match.

I have heard this opinion a few times so I tipped along to two Irish international soccer games, Macedonia June 2011 and Estonia Nov 2011.

Maybe I got unlucky with the games but I honestly never sat through anything as boring.

For me, the feeling you get watching your county line out, or indeed any big match in Croke park is unreal. I just didn't feel that with soccer at all.

In saying that, I was also at a rugby international before, found a different level of excitement at that too, even though I would't be a major fan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭reeb

Rasheed wrote: »
    I have heard this opinion a few times so I tipped along to two Irish international soccer games, Macedonia June 2011 and Estonia Nov 2011.
    Try Rovers Bohs

Rasheed wrote: »

Maybe I got unlucky with the games but I honestly never sat through anything as boring.

For me, the feeling you get watching your county line out, or indeed any big match in Croke park is unreal. I just didn't feel that with soccer at all.

In saying that, I was also at a rugby international before, found a different level of excitement at that too, even though I would't be a major fan.

As regards what has the best atmosphere I think it's entirely subjective. I've been to hurling matches with people with no interest in it who were bored while I loved them. For me hurling has by far the best atmosphere, basically because I'm excited about what might happen.

I've been to pretty good soccer games (our qualifier against Georgia was very enjoyable) and a truly woeful one (friendly against Brazil).

I went to two Leinster games and I must admit I did not enjoy them. Everyone around me was chatting throughout the game and barely watching it. And I was letting people by me to go to the bar frequently until about the 33rd minute when the place half emptied with people going to the bar. The last 7 minutes of the first half were ruined by that. Also Leo the Lion is very annoying. Then loads of people start leaving before the end of the match. The first one I went to was against the Osprey's and Leinster were 6 points up in the dying minutes with the Osprey's about 20 metres out from the try line. I spend the last few minutes trying to look around people trying to beat the crowd and moving my legs to let people by. I know people will leave early in every sport, but I've never seen this many leave this early in a tight finish.

The other game I went to was a Munster v Leinster one and I had many of the same problems. I think I just enjoy the games more on TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

I picked GAA to piss off the west-brits:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Promoted to Seanchai's wingman, excellent :pac:

blue note wrote: »
    As regards what has the best atmosphere I think it's entirely subjective. I've been to hurling matches with people with no interest in it who were bored while I loved them. For me hurling has by far the best atmosphere, basically because I'm excited about what might happen.

I've been to pretty good soccer games (our qualifier against Georgia was very enjoyable) and a truly woeful one (friendly against Brazil).

I went to two Leinster games and I must admit I did not enjoy them. Everyone around me was chatting throughout the game and barely watching it. And I was letting people by me to go to the bar frequently until about the 33rd minute when the place half emptied with people going to the bar. The last 7 minutes of the first half were ruined by that. Also Leo the Lion is very annoying. Then loads of people start leaving before the end of the match. The first one I went to was against the Osprey's and Leinster were 6 points up in the dying minutes with the Osprey's about 20 metres out from the try line. I spend the last few minutes trying to look around people trying to beat the crowd and moving my legs to let people by. I know people will leave early in every sport, but I've never seen this many leave this early in a tight finish.

The other game I went to was a Munster v Leinster one and I had many of the same problems. I think I just enjoy the games more on TV.

Yes, you're dead right actually, it is subjective. As regards enjoying the rugby games more in television, I think I agree because never realised how much I relied on the commentary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Without wishing to enter into yet another tiresome GAA Vs Soccer debate I'd hazard a guess that in Ireland;

Participation
    1) Football (Association) is the most popular in terms of casual participation, 5-aside, etc.
    2) Football (Gaelic) would be stronger in organised participation, reflecting the differences between the two organising bodies
    3) Hurling third
    4) Rugby a distant 4th.

Viewing numbers
    1) Football (Gaelic)
    2) Hurling
    3) Football (Association) LOI and Internationals*
    4) Rugby*

*Football (Association) and Rugby viewing figures are somewhat cyclical and can be boosted by qualifying for Euro/WC every couple years or in the case of rugby, success at provincial or International level. Numbers for the GAA sports tend to remain static.

Oh and I'll throw my 2c in regarding the GAA two sport question. Call me a hurling snob but I hate the way it gets lumped in with gaelic football, as different as chalk and cheese. You wouldn't classify cricket and aussie rules as the one sport because they're often played on the same pitch. Personally I feel the development of hurling in the country has been hindered due to the misguided need to have some sort of commonality in rules with football.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Without wishing to enter into yet another tiresome GAA Vs Soccer debate I'd hazard a guess that in Ireland;

Participation
    1) Football (Association) is the most popular in terms of casual participation, 5-aside, etc.
    2) Football (Gaelic) would be stronger in organised participation, reflecting the differences between the two organising bodies
    3) Hurling third
    4) Rugby a distant 4th.

Viewing numbers
    1) Football (Gaelic)
    2) Hurling
    3) Football (Association) LOI and Internationals*
    4) Rugby*

*Football (Association) and Rugby viewing figures are somewhat cyclical and can be boosted by qualifying for Euro/WC every couple years or in the case of rugby, success at provincial or International level. Numbers for the GAA sports tend to remain static.

Oh and I'll throw my 2c in regarding the GAA two sport question. Call me a hurling snob but I hate the way it gets lumped in with gaelic football, as different as chalk and cheese. You wouldn't classify cricket and aussie rules as the one sport because they're often played on the same pitch. Personally I feel the development of hurling in the country has been hindered due to the misguided need to have some sort of commonality in rules with football.

Are there any facts to back that up or is that just a total guess? (I genuinely don't know)

Jimoslimos wrote: »

Participation
    3) Hurling third
    4) Rugby a distant 4th.

In fairness, there's no way rugby would be a distant 4th in playing numbers. In golf I read a about a year ago that there were about 250k registered players on the island. Very few of these would pay and sub and not play. There are plenty of society golfers around as well.

Also, swimming and running are very big in Ireland, I'd imagine there numbers could be higher. Hockey is huge in girls schools, possibly higher. Tennis and basketball could easily have more as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Tox56 wrote: »
    Are there any facts to back that up or is that just a total guess? (I genuinely don't know)
    I did state I was hazarding a guess! Probably an educated guess from various attendance and participation figures.

Although that said my GAA/rugby figures would be estimated including cross-border whereas I was only considering ROI and LOI numbers for soccer. That said there wouldn't be a huge difference even including NI figures.
    blue note wrote: »
    In fairness, there's no way rugby would be a distant 4th in playing numbers. In golf I read a about a year ago that there were about 250k registered players on the island. Very few of these would pay and sub and not play. There are plenty of society golfers around as well.

Also, swimming and running are very big in Ireland, I'd imagine there numbers could be higher. Hockey is huge in girls schools, possibly higher. Tennis and basketball could easily have more as well.
    True I suppose, I was only comparing the main sports listed by the OP. Most likely a lot more sports have higher playing numbers than rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

Seanchai wrote: »
    Ah the bitterness of the anti-GAA/Irish brigade. Relentless.

A load of tosh. I and most other people in Dublin, if not Ireland who follow football also follow GAA. I've never seen it as a one-or-the-other dilemma, and see no conflict between supporting both football and GAA teams, as most logical people in this country with no hang ups would agree with me on. It seems this anti-football , "it's a garrison game" rubbish comes from extreme Republicans (usually in the North) with a chip on their shoulder about anything of interest which detracts from their insular and parochial worldview, or what they consider constitutes a "real Irishman".

It's also ironic that you believe you have the right to insult people, as well as indulge in casual racism on an almost daily basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

There's not a chance rugby is more popular than football. Just compare the significance of the Euros and the Rugby World Cup in this country. Add to that the popularity of the English Premier League. Rugby is a distant third behind football and the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

I think you can guess how I voted.

It's definitely GAA. 3 really popular sports in one, handball, hurling and football.
    Handball? I remember as a child it being televised on RTE. But that was 30 odd years ago. Don't think it's televised now and I never see anything about anywhere in the meeja!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

GAA isnt a sport, its an association. By the preceding basis, the Olympic Council of Ireland is the most popular sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Luxie wrote: »
    Handball? I remember as a child it being televised on RTE. But that was 30 odd years ago. Don't think it's televised now and I never see anything about anywhere in the meeja!

Good game. The World Championships are coming up in Dublin soon. I'd be surprised if it gets much attention, which is a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Speak Now

For me

1. Hurling
    2. Golf
    3. Soccer
    4. Cricket
    5. Football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Good game. The World Championships are coming up in Dublin soon. I'd be surprised if it gets much attention, which is a shame.

Almost finished now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Almost finished now!

Crap, I didn't even know it had started yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

dttq wrote: »
    A load of tosh. I and most other people in Dublin...

Please do come back to us all with your mandate to speak for "most other people in Dublin" on this issue. In the meantime, try and curtail your propensity for talking arrant shíte.

Oh, and your "football" is still just soccer no matter how much your evident prejudice against the GAA says otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

LordSutch wrote: »
    Promoted to Seanchai's wingman, excellent :pac:

There were many before me, and there'll be many after me. We're called the Irish. Put your British poppy away and get used to it, and then get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Athletics is my number 1, but Soccer close behind. Being from Kerry I have to love football, and Rugby isn't too bad either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement