Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub60Swim

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Then you tell us what (or rather "who") it would take to sell it to you? ;):)

You :p

Zico in his budgie smugglers almost had me!
    Peterx wrote: »
    When is the earliest one can buy a 2015 TI card?

Think it opens up in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Peterx wrote: »
    When is the earliest one can buy a 2015 TI card?

There are some lads in Iran who can get you one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭D33

Sorry lads, where can one find more info on this coaching - is there a FB page / email address to register or cad e an sceal??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

D33 wrote: »
    Sorry lads, where can one find more info on this coaching - is there a FB page / email address to register or cad e an sceal??

https://www.facebook.com/Sub60Swim

as above, alot of details already in the thread but feel free to ping me a pm and Ill answer what I can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Very interested interested :)

How does one sign up?

• Advertisement

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Very interested interested :)

How does one sign up?

A simple pm will do for now
    Ill provide more details regarding what the 10 weeks will entail early next week.
    Enjoy your weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Thanks Mark - PM sent.

Some additional information about the plans associated with this splash can be found here

It was confirmed last night - it'll be an 11 week block - from Oct 3rd to the December break.

Folks, with 2 weeks before we kick off the block (Fri Oct 3rd) we're full ! We've 2 on a waiting list to date so if you've expressed an interest via email and now know you can't attend, please get in touch via 3dtriathlon@gmail.com and let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

I

• Advertisement

Hey Folks,
    Re-resurrecting this old thread - the plan is to run this again over the course of the winter (4th year now) - details are within the thread but in summary:
    • For who: All swimmers who have Triathlon Ireland membership are welcome. To get the most from the sessions realistically you would need to be able to swim 100 meters in approx 2 mins 15sec.max - and be able to do this 4 times in a row with minimal rest.
    • When: Starting Friday 9th October (please be on pool deck at 6.55 that night) ending Friday 11th December
    • Where: 7-8pm Belvedere Pool (6 Great Denmark Street, Dublin 1, Ireland)
    • How Much: 10 week block for €70
    • How to register and pay: Click here and ensure you select Friday swimming and process the PayPal Transaction completely. Alternatively PM me here, stating your name, swim level and if you've a swim split time for a previous race include that too - and come a little early on Friday and pay then.

Lanes are graded during the first week or two and standards vary (and thats perfectly ok ;))

More details ?
    a) 2 sessions 'homework' via email that are in line with what your lane is doing each Friday.

b) Help individuals with low hanging fruit for some on their strokes - small, simple changes that they can practice and adopt in racing easily without reinventing wheel. Ad-hoc video analysis done.

c) Over the course of this block and into 2016, ensure volume increases to ensure endurance work in the pool each week is being done ( whether for 750 / 1500 / 1.9 / 3.8 this is important).

d) For each person dialing in the pace to swim at so that they can maintain efficient stroke is a key objective for triathlon .... sets like 40*50 holding X on y .... holding stroke/form when tiring means you will swim fast and efficiently and put you in good standing for the bike and run come spring and summer 2016.

Anything else, PM here and Ill try to answer !
    Many thanks
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Good Lord I could do with this session in Limerick :(

Best of luck Mark et al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

A nationwide tour perhaps???? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

pgibbo wrote: »

I'll vote for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

pgibbo wrote: »

A paddling pool, a tether, a flatbed truck...

Good luck Mark, I looked up ways and means to make this session last year but alas it was too far. Anyone Dublin-based should jump on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

Sure everyone come up and stay in Marks every Friday, all part of the service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Good Lord I could do with this session in Limerick :(

Best of luck Mark et al

Thats the issue countrywide imo the aul masters sessions just dont cut it.

Advertisement